Moving back to Aus but this time with a 4 year old & a 2 year old

Holhump91

Hello, 

Looking for some advice if anyone can help. 

Many husband & I lived in Australia for 5 years when we were care free & had no ties. We moved back to the UK, had a baby who is now 2 & baby no2 is on the way. 

We are planning on moving back in 2 years time. 

We lived in the Outback before & loved it but it’s not where we want to bring my children up. We are a young family looking for more of a costal lifestyle with lots of family events, good schools & sporting opportunity for the little ones in the future. Melbourne isn’t an option for us as we are looking for a warmer climate all year round really. 

My husband is a carpenter & I won’t be returning to work until both children are at school. 

I would just like people opinion where they think sounds like a good place for us in terms of the lifestyle we want & where the construction industry is going well or atleast where my husband will find work.

Sorry for the lengthy post. 

Thanks in advace 

Holly

• Congratulations 1

Just to clarify are you/your children Australian Citizens?  If not do you have RRVs and visas for your children?

obvious really but you would be surprised at how many people ask about where to go without first having considered visas, and processing times have increased a lot.

Seconding what Rammygirl said.  If you are both citizens, then your first step is to get citizenship/passports for the children.   

If you are not citizens, then I hope you applied for an RRV, and you will need to get the children's visas sorted out.  If you don't have a RRV then you may have difficulty being allowed back in the country at all, and you'll need to address that first.

If you loved the outback then I'd steer clear of the big cities.  Consider towns along the NSW coast like Port Macquarie, Coffs Harbour - they are big enough to have enough work but small enough to have a community feel.  If you don''t mind humidity, you could look at the Queensland coast.  I don't know anything about the Margaret River area of WA.  Then there's South Australia. If you loved the Outback then Victoria and Tasmania might be too cold for you!

Edited by Marisawright