You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Thom

Is this how you want your belongings treated?

Have a look at this

Also, they lost 8 boxes of our stuff, including the box with my wife's wedding dress in it.

They also delivered two boxes of other people's items, (which we returned.)

PM me if you want to avoid this company!

Edited by Thom

all my eye and Betty Martin.

Damn! will check

Ouch! Sorry to see that!

Are you moving to or from Australia?

Edited by JetBlast

Just noticed the British plug in the background. Do you want I monitor to replace that broken one? I think I have a 19" widescreen you can have.

Any. Chance you could PM me the name? I’m just about to book in my own shipping so would be keen to avoid this.

Edited by Jsmull87

Did you have a shared container?  Hope you had independent insurance......

So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

Oh no that is not nice to find.

Could you please PM me the name?  Thanks

Jon

PR (100) granted 12 Nov 2018, validation Trip Feb 2019, planning to move to Perth Sep-Oct 2019!

Thanks for the responses guys and gals, we're very very peed off with the company involved.

16 hours ago, JetBlast said:

Just noticed the British plug in the background. Do you want I monitor to replace that broken one? I think I have a 19" widescreen you can have.

That's so kind of you mate! I have already been given one by a neighbour thanks, but your offer is very much appreciated.

7 hours ago, Thom said:

That's so kind of you mate! I have already been given one by a neighbour thanks, but your offer is very much appreciated.

No problem. If something goes wrong or something give me a shout.

Cheers

On 17/01/2019 at 00:48, Thom said:

Have a look at this

Also, they lost 8 boxes of our stuff, including the box with my wife's wedding dress in it.

Can you pm who is the company too? Thanks. 

• VETASSESS lodged: 11/08/18, VETASSESS positive result: 14/09/18, Passed PTE Academic: 27/12/18
  • SkillSelect EOI lodged: 27/12/18, SA application lodged: 02/01/19, SA acceptance: 18/01/19
  • Visa Lodged: 23/01/19, SG Police COC: 20/02/19. Medical Checkup: 20/02/19, AU Police COC: 26/02/19

They seem to be losing the will to take us on now. My wife spend her working life as a Ministerial adviser to the ACT Govt. I spent my life working in mental health crisis teams, we're not to be trifled with in a battle of wills.

Yes they just hope you will accept it and go away. If you know you have rights go for it. 

Same everywhere my son was told a defect in his expensive glasses wasn’t something the shop who sold them (a franchise) could help with and just wanted him to buy new ones. He checked his consumer rights printed it out and said he was very disappointed and asked to see the manager. Strangely they simply provided him with a new pair at no cost.  You don’t have to be aggressive just reasonable and clear about the law and where you stand. No company likes bad publicity when they know what’s is actually the right thing to do.......

On 16/01/2019 at 16:48, Thom said:

Have a look at this

Hi, could you message me the name please, thank you. X

Hi, sorry to see this! Could you please PM me the company name please?

Thanks for the responses guys and gals, we're very very peed off with the company involved.
Can you PM the company please. We are about to choose our company and have lots of valuable stuff to ship!

Thanks

Just to say that most of the big name removals companies are franchised so there is a variety of customer service out there even within the same group. Britannia Manchester and Britannia Kent (or whatever) May trade under the same name but they are independently owned franchises.

Get at least three quotes and don’t necessarily choose the cheapest.  Ask lots of questions like can I choose the shipping route/timings? what if something is damaged/lost? Etc and see how they respond. 

And get independent insurance.

Just dropping in to say, that after a battle of wills, (one which they brought a spoon to a gunfight, ) they have paid out our claim in it's entirety.

Unfortunately we could not claim for the MASSIVE sentimental value of some of the items they broke/lost.

• Like 1

Can you let me know who the shipping company is @Thom? Thanks.

7th Oct 2018: 309/100 Visa submitted 

29th Jan 2019: RFI / 22nd Feb 2019: RFI uploaded

13th March 2019: Both 309 and 100 visas granted 

Sorry to hear this.  Just starting my quotes for shipping, so would also appreciate knowing the name of this company, thanks.