Is this how you want your belongings treated?

Thom

16 hours ago, JetBlast said:

Just noticed the British plug in the background. Do you want I monitor to replace that broken one? I think I have a 19" widescreen you can have.

That's so kind of you mate! I have already been given one by a neighbour thanks, but your offer is very much appreciated.

They seem to be losing the will to take us on now. My wife spend her working life as a Ministerial adviser to the ACT Govt. I spent my life working in mental health crisis teams, we're not to be trifled with in a battle of wills.

• Like 1

Yes they just hope you will accept it and go away. If you know you have rights go for it. 

Same everywhere my son was told a defect in his expensive glasses wasn’t something the shop who sold them (a franchise) could help with and just wanted him to buy new ones. He checked his consumer rights printed it out and said he was very disappointed and asked to see the manager. Strangely they simply provided him with a new pair at no cost.  You don’t have to be aggressive just reasonable and clear about the law and where you stand. No company likes bad publicity when they know what’s is actually the right thing to do.......

• 4 weeks later...

Just to say that most of the big name removals companies are franchised so there is a variety of customer service out there even within the same group. Britannia Manchester and Britannia Kent (or whatever) May trade under the same name but they are independently owned franchises.

Get at least three quotes and don’t necessarily choose the cheapest.  Ask lots of questions like can I choose the shipping route/timings? what if something is damaged/lost? Etc and see how they respond. 

And get independent insurance.

Just dropping in to say, that after a battle of wills, (one which they brought a spoon to a gunfight, ) they have paid out our claim in it's entirety.

Unfortunately we could not claim for the MASSIVE sentimental value of some of the items they broke/lost.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...