Immigration consultants

Jcollett

Hello everyone,

Very new to this forum and am looking for some advice on visas. I need someone to recommend a consultant to give me some advice when it comes to studying in South Australia, with the outcome being that I can gain enough experience to eventually work permanently in South Australia.

Any help appreciated.

Many thanks 

Joanna

To get detailed advice, you'll need to have a proper consultation with a reputable migration agent.  I suggest pinoyau.com or ozimmigration.com

However, if you've been reading articles telling you that studying in Australia can lead to a permanent visa, you've been reading a misleading article posted by unscrupulous agencies, trying to recruit students for Australian colleges (for which they collect a fat fee).

If you come to study in Australia, you will pay full international fees, and you'd only be allowed to work for 20 hours a week.  There's no guarantee you'll be eligible to apply for a visa at the end of it. 

In general, it will be a lot easier and cheaper to get a qualification at home and then apply to migrate.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jcollett said:

Hello everyone,

Very new to this forum and am looking for some advice on visas. I need someone to recommend a consultant to give me some advice when it comes to studying in South Australia, with the outcome being that I can gain enough experience to eventually work permanently in South Australia.

Any help appreciated.

Many thanks 

Joanna

You are best to speak with a reputable Registered Migration Agent. Be weary of advice from student Agents as they can only give advice in regards to courses, they are not allowed to give Immigration advice.

Too often I see candidates who have been sold a course with the promise of Australian Permanent Residency at the end, which never eventuates.

By mindful that the Government regularly changes the rules, specifically to stop international students "course shopping" solely for the purpose of obtaining a visa outcome.

Be weary of advice from student Agents as they can only give advice in regards to courses, they are not allowed to give Immigration advice.

That does not stop 'education agents' advising prospective students that once in Australia they will be able to 'change their status,' or words to that effect. For education agents outside Australia, there is no restriction on the advice or assistance they can offer. 

They do exist, but I have yet to encounter a prospective student who had anything other than PR in mind.

In 16 years I have never advised a client to undertake a course in Australia, nurses and others 'topping up' a qualification excepted. On the other hand I have 'rescued' numerous students by advising them to modify courses of study that would have led nowhere but the bank.

I advise prospective students to run their cases past a registered migration agent before committing to a course of action. 

• Like 1