Canceling PMV 300

Nano88

Hi, I have a PMV 300 in process, applied on May 2, 2018 from USA, Its been 8 months with no word from department, I don't even know if we have a CO or not, i know there are a lot of people waited more than this but we just cant deal with any more we been waiting to be together since 8 years already with no luck, now Since I have a tourist visa for 3 months with no condition of no further stay on it, I am thinking to withdraw my PMV application, go to Australia, get married and then apply for 801/820 visa, what are the consequences if any? Will I be able to leave and return to Australia freely with BVB, will I have Medicare? considering that we have a great relationship and willing to make a family, is there a chance of refusal? Any information you help me with would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

3 hours ago, Nano88 said:

Hi, I have a PMV 300 in process, applied on May 2, 2018 from USA, Its been 8 months with no word from department, I don't even know if we have a CO or not, i know there are a lot of people waited more than this but we just cant deal with any more we been waiting to be together since 8 years already with no luck, now Since I have a tourist visa for 3 months with no condition of no further stay on it, I am thinking to withdraw my PMV application, go to Australia, get married and then apply for 801/820 visa, what are the consequences if any?

New Regulations will come into force soon, which will require the sponsor to be approved before a partner application can be lodged. It is likely this change will stop people being able to apply in Australia while on short term visitor visas.

Also, just being married, is not enough to satisfy the requirements of a partner visa. You will need to evidence all aspects of a genuine relationship.

Will I be able to leave and return to Australia freely with BVB,

You will need to be granted a BVB before travel is allowed.

considering that we have a great relationship and willing to make a family, is there a chance of refusal?

It all depends on what documents can be provided to evidence the requirements of the visa.

Having a great relationship with the intention of starting a family, by itself, is not overly relevant to the application.

Currently Partner Visas have a very high refusal rate.

• 2 weeks later...

If you wed you would no longer be eligible for a subclass 300 visa . You would have to withdraw it and your case would continue as a subclass 309 (spouse) visa application, for no further visa application charge.

If you were to withdraw your 300 before you wed, you would have to start again and pay again.

It might pay you to consult a registered migration agent before you commit to a course of action.