KSH81

EOI 190 NSW Nurse

I have an agent who submitted our EOI on the 13th October 2018 and we are still waiting for an invite. I’m a critical care nurse with 65 points. My agent said this is the longest he has waited for an invite. I’m getting so disheartened, and worrying that we’re not going to get there. Anyone in a similar position, or have received invites?

thanks in advance. 

Edited by KSH81

Looks like you need 75 points to get an invite at the moment for that ANZCO

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removed link/reference to external site.

Really for 190?. I though if you had 65, you would get an invite as you meet the criteria. 😞

• Like 1

Really for 190?. I though if you had 65, you would get an invite as you meet the criteria. [emoji20]

Hi KSH81,

I am also waiting for same from NSW 190. How long you waited for pre invite once you lodged EOI?

Thank you [emoji4]

On 15/01/2019 at 09:24, Mpreet said:

Hi KSH81,

I am also waiting for same from NSW 190. How long you waited for pre invite once you lodged EOI?

Thank you emoji4.png

My agent sent the EOI on 13th October. Still waiting for invite. 

• Like 1

That's why I went the 190 route with SA. There system appears to be first come first serve until they run out of places. My points were 65+5.  NSW takes the high pointers first, so you will be in for a very long wait with NSW.

• Like 1

29/12/17 AHPRA logged,  31/01/2018 AHPRA asked for more docs,  20/02/2018 AHPRA rec'd docs, 27/02/2018 AHPRA extension app'd, 12/03/2018 Reg in principle, 29/03/2018 AHPRA Full Registration, 29/03/2018 Anmac Modified Skills lodged,   15/05/2018 ANMAC Mod skills Assessment +ve,  Aug. 2018 PTE-A (L:85 R:90 S:90 W:90),  South Australia State 190 Sponsorship Applied 08/09/2018, State Sponsorship Approved 08/11/2018, Lodged 190 visa 16/11/2018.  CO Contact for form 47a for migrating adult child, and non-migrating non-dependent adult children  9th April, 2019.    Grant 4th June 2019!!!! Job Offer Aug 2019, Flying to Oz October 2nd 2019✈️🇦🇺🌞

On 15/01/2019 at 08:57, KSH81 said:

Really for 190?. I though if you had 65, you would get an invite as you meet the criteria. 😞

No.  Most visas are a competition.   You need a minimum number of points to be eligible, but that doesn't mean you win the competition. 

People with more points will be picked before you.  New applications are constantly being received and if they have higher points than you, you'll be ignored.  

Ask your agent about going for the 489 instead, or see if there's any way you  can increase your points.

Edited by Marisawright

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

On 19/01/2019 at 04:43, Marisawright said:

No.  Most visas are a competition.   You need a minimum number of points to be eligible, but that doesn't mean you win the competition. 

People with more points will be picked before you.  New applications are constantly being received and if they have higher points than you, you'll be ignored.  

Ask your agent about going for the 489 instead, or see if there's any way you  can increase your points.

Hi, my agent applied an EOI to Southern Inland for 489 with 65 points on 19th Feb 2019 and by 22nd informed me that they cannot process the same as SI wants 2 years OSE. But on 5th March I received my preinvite to lodge a full application.

I was completely in shock. So I guess we can never understand how it works. Points system works for some.

I just shared this so it gives some hope to all of us.

On 14/01/2019 at 13:52, KSH81 said:

I have an agent who submitted our EOI on the 13th October 2018 and we are still waiting for an invite. I’m a critical care nurse with 65 points. My agent said this is the longest he has waited for an invite. I’m getting so disheartened, and worrying that we’re not going to get there. Anyone in a similar position, or have received invites?

thanks in advance. 

Hello,,

Just read your post. Congrats on getting an invite. I am also a registered nurse and want to apply  for 190 visa with 65 points or 489 with 70 for NSW.. I know the wait going to be long, but it's worth trying... Just trying to find a good immigration agent at the moment....

Good luck.

Kate

Hi everyone, I just need to know that I have lodged my EOI for 190 since April, 2019 & I got 85 points in total & currently living in regional VIC. Any idea how long it might take or is it mandatory to start living & working in NSW to get an expression of interest??? Any suggestions/ advice would be much appreciated. Thanks