Second year Visa

HarryLondon95

Hi,

I moved to Sydney last year on 417 visa, since arriving I’ve been working in Sydney trying to get sponsorship. As a back up I’ve been doing farm work incrementally over the last year. I’ve got an ABN, an employee verification form and reference from the farmer. My issue is that I had been getting paid in cash as it was casual work and don’t have bank records. I can get payslips but the date will range over 9 months and have my total hours worked and total pay, would this be an issue? My worried I may need more precise dates.

Thanks 

Harry 

10 hours ago, HarryLondon95 said:

Hi,

I moved to Sydney last year on 417 visa, since arriving I’ve been working in Sydney trying to get sponsorship. As a back up I’ve been doing farm work incrementally over the last year. I’ve got an ABN, an employee verification form and reference from the farmer. My issue is that I had been getting paid in cash as it was casual work and don’t have bank records. I can get payslips but the date will range over 9 months and have my total hours worked and total pay, would this be an issue? My worried I may need more precise dates.

Thanks 

Harry 

If you have been doing casual work, three months is taken to mean a minimum of 88 full working days. If you have payslips that properly demonstrate you have done this, then there should be no issue.

23 hours ago, paulhand said:

If you have been doing casual work, three months is taken to mean a minimum of 88 full working days. If you have payslips that properly demonstrate you have done this, then there should be no issue.

Hi Paul, 

I did a 4 week block when I first arrived, does this count as 28 days meaning if I’ve completed 60 casually since finishing the block I’d have completed all 88 days?

thanks 

It would depend on the specifics. The policy position is: "Applicants whose work is equivalent to full time employment may count weekends in the 88 day period. However, if the applicant’s work is not equivalent to full time employment, that is, part time or casual, they may only count the full days actually worked."

Personally, I wouldn't cut it so fine that it turns on this definition.