register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

MissEllie

888 Statutory Declaration - passports?

Hello all, 

My dual-nationality partner and I have decided to make the move (he's UK born but is a UK and Australian passport holder). We're looking at moving this time next year, so we have plenty of time to get everything together and wait the long wait for a grant. 

I'm at the stage of compiling needed evidence before I submit the 309/100 application, and I had a question regarding the 888 declarations - do I need to get certified copies of passports of the people filling in the forms, or is that unnecessary? Also, is there a recommendation for how many 888s we should get completed, is it a case of the more, the better? 

Thank you in advance for any help! 

Ellie

16 hours ago, MissEllie said:

Hello all, 

My dual-nationality partner and I have decided to make the move (he's UK born but is a UK and Australian passport holder). We're looking at moving this time next year, so we have plenty of time to get everything together and wait the long wait for a grant. 

I'm at the stage of compiling needed evidence before I submit the 309/100 application, and I had a question regarding the 888 declarations - do I need to get certified copies of passports of the people filling in the forms, or is that unnecessary? Also, is there a recommendation for how many 888s we should get completed, is it a case of the more, the better? 

Thank you in advance for any help! 

Ellie

if the person completing 888 is an Australian citizen they need to supply a certified copy of passport or birth certificate.

if they are a PR holder they need a certified copy of passport and visa.

Otherwise, no ID is needed