888 Statutory Declaration - passports?

MissEllie

Hello all, 

My dual-nationality partner and I have decided to make the move (he's UK born but is a UK and Australian passport holder). We're looking at moving this time next year, so we have plenty of time to get everything together and wait the long wait for a grant. 

I'm at the stage of compiling needed evidence before I submit the 309/100 application, and I had a question regarding the 888 declarations - do I need to get certified copies of passports of the people filling in the forms, or is that unnecessary? Also, is there a recommendation for how many 888s we should get completed, is it a case of the more, the better? 

Thank you in advance for any help! 

Ellie

16 hours ago, MissEllie said:

Hello all, 

My dual-nationality partner and I have decided to make the move (he's UK born but is a UK and Australian passport holder). We're looking at moving this time next year, so we have plenty of time to get everything together and wait the long wait for a grant. 

I'm at the stage of compiling needed evidence before I submit the 309/100 application, and I had a question regarding the 888 declarations - do I need to get certified copies of passports of the people filling in the forms, or is that unnecessary? Also, is there a recommendation for how many 888s we should get completed, is it a case of the more, the better? 

Thank you in advance for any help! 

Ellie

if the person completing 888 is an Australian citizen they need to supply a certified copy of passport or birth certificate.

if they are a PR holder they need a certified copy of passport and visa.

Otherwise, no ID is needed

• 2 weeks later...

hi everyone.

my husband's application is now 19 months waiting. it was applied in Pretoria. please is anyone waiting this long. he has done his interview on10th dec 2018 and more documents were requested and given on 17th dec 2018 and yet we are still waiting with no answer. Agent emailed them on 18/01/19 and got a reply saying still in awaiting checks. police clearance given twice now and one month has passed and his clearance only last 3 months.

I am so depressed and virtually its breaking us down completely.

4 hours ago, tochika said:

hi everyone.

my husband's application is now 19 months waiting. it was applied in Pretoria. please is anyone waiting this long. he has done his interview on10th dec 2018 and more documents were requested and given on 17th dec 2018 and yet we are still waiting with no answer. Agent emailed them on 18/01/19 and got a reply saying still in awaiting checks. police clearance given twice now and one month has passed and his clearance only last 3 months.

I am so depressed and virtually its breaking us down completely.

Police checks are considered valid for 12 months by Immigration, regardless of what the country concerned says 

If they told the agent last week that checks are still ongoing then you will just have to be patient.