Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Michael Johnson

804 Visa

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Mjh said:

Thank you for your reply, so someone on a holiday visa applying for a 804 would have working rights on a BV even if their holiday visa does not?

 

 

Yes, I would expect that to be the situation.

Note that the conditions attaching to the visitor visa remain until the BV comes into effect.

Best regards.

  • Like 1

Managing Director, Go Matilda Visas - www.gomatilda.com

Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534; Registered Tax Agent (Australia)

Chartered Accountant (UK, and Australia)

T - 023 81 66 11 55 (UK) or 03 9935 2929 (Australia)

E - alan.collett@gomatilda.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

Hi Linda.

The page I'm looking at says:

The following condition(s) might be attached to this visa ...

Not " ... will be attached to your visa ..."

Best regards.

  • Like 1

Managing Director, Go Matilda Visas - www.gomatilda.com

Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534; Registered Tax Agent (Australia)

Chartered Accountant (UK, and Australia)

T - 023 81 66 11 55 (UK) or 03 9935 2929 (Australia)

E - alan.collett@gomatilda.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Alan. I had also been assuming a bridging visa would contain the same restrictions from the previous visa granted - and I thought the visitor visa usually  had the no work condition. 

Happy to be corrected. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have submitted an application for 804; does anyone know averaging processing times for bridging visa? Applied onshore (originally from the UK). 

We’re not sure whether they will have to leave when the 3 months on tourist visa is up & re-enter if we haven’t heard back re bridging visa. Any advice appreciated 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

does anyone know the current sponsor earning requirements for the 804 visa?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mjh said:

does anyone know the current sponsor earning requirements for the 804 visa?

There is no income requirement for sponsors of 804 visas.

Best regards.


Managing Director, Go Matilda Visas - www.gomatilda.com

Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534; Registered Tax Agent (Australia)

Chartered Accountant (UK, and Australia)

T - 023 81 66 11 55 (UK) or 03 9935 2929 (Australia)

E - alan.collett@gomatilda.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

There is no income requirement for sponsors of 804 visas.

Best regards.

oh right - that might be why I could not find any info on it then 🙂 - I dont suppose you have a link to that info?

As a sponsor I still have to have been living here as a PR for two years though?

 

Edited by Mjh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mjh said:

oh right - that might be why I could not find any info on it then 🙂 - I dont suppose you have a link to that info?

As a sponsor I still have to have been living here as a PR for two years though?

 

*   The Assurer must satisfy an income test - not the sponsor of an 804 visa application

*    The sponsor must be "settled" in Australia.

Best regards.


Managing Director, Go Matilda Visas - www.gomatilda.com

Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534; Registered Tax Agent (Australia)

Chartered Accountant (UK, and Australia)

T - 023 81 66 11 55 (UK) or 03 9935 2929 (Australia)

E - alan.collett@gomatilda.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

*   The Assurer must satisfy an income test - not the sponsor of an 804 visa application

*    The sponsor must be "settled" in Australia.

Best regards.

Right, but I would be the assurer and sponsor?

 

As a sponsor I have been here over a year (not two) PR status, job and own a house.

 

So as an assurer does anyone know the income requirements?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mjh said:

Right, but I would be the assurer and sponsor?

 

As a sponsor I have been here over a year (not two) PR status, job and own a house.

 

So as an assurer does anyone know the income requirements?

https://guides.dss.gov.au/guide-social-security-law/9/4/3/30

Best regards.


Managing Director, Go Matilda Visas - www.gomatilda.com

Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534; Registered Tax Agent (Australia)

Chartered Accountant (UK, and Australia)

T - 023 81 66 11 55 (UK) or 03 9935 2929 (Australia)

E - alan.collett@gomatilda.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mjh said:

Right, but I would be the assurer and sponsor?

 

As a sponsor I have been here over a year (not two) PR status, job and own a house.

 

So as an assurer does anyone know the income requirements?

The income requirements differ based on the number of people you are assuring and the number of people already dependent on you.

For instance the income requirement is less for a single person assuring one aged parent than it would be for a married person with 3 kids assuring one aged parent (since you need to have a family income capable of supporting 5 people as well as the assured aged parent)

Despite not being official guidance and a little out of the date the link below gives you a good idea of how it works

https://www.australiavisa.com/immigration-news/assurance-of-support-aos-income-requirement/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ausvisitor said:

The income requirements differ based on the number of people you are assuring and the number of people already dependent on you.

For instance the income requirement is less for a single person assuring one aged parent than it would be for a married person with 3 kids assuring one aged parent (since you need to have a family income capable of supporting 5 people as well as the assured aged parent)

Despite not being official guidance and a little out of the date the link below gives you a good idea of how it works

https://www.australiavisa.com/immigration-news/assurance-of-support-aos-income-requirement/

 

I believe there is also a bond that needs to be lodged (about $15,000 per assured person) that you get back at the end of the assured period (10 years for an 804)

This means that if you don't make good your obligation to pay if required they can take it out of your bond.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ausvisitor said:

I believe there is also a bond that needs to be lodged (about $15,000 per assured person) that you get back at the end of the assured period (10 years for an 804)

This means that if you don't make good your obligation to pay if required they can take it out of your bond.

 

6 hours ago, Ausvisitor said:

I believe there is also a bond that needs to be lodged (about $15,000 per assured person) that you get back at the end of the assured period (10 years for an 804)

This means that if you don't make good your obligation to pay if required they can take it out of your bond.

 

6 hours ago, Ausvisitor said:

The income requirements differ based on the number of people you are assuring and the number of people already dependent on you.

For instance the income requirement is less for a single person assuring one aged parent than it would be for a married person with 3 kids assuring one aged parent (since you need to have a family income capable of supporting 5 people as well as the assured aged parent)

Despite not being official guidance and a little out of the date the link below gives you a good idea of how it works

https://www.australiavisa.com/immigration-news/assurance-of-support-aos-income-requirement/

 

Thanks i have no dependant children and would be 1 adult assuree only

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Mjh said:

 

Thanks i have no dependant children and would be 1 adult assuree only

It's my understanding that the assurer doesn't have to pay the money until shortly before the visa is granted.  If your parents are applying for the 804 visa, then you will never be asked to pay, because the waiting period is 30 years and your parents won't live to see the day.


Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

Sorry to go off topic!

Just wondering if my Dad and step mum both have to apply for the 804 or if she can be added to his application as a dependent?

Plus if anyone knows about the assurance sponsor and if X amount of money has to be paid?

Thanks again 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Gabby said:

Hi

Sorry to go off topic!

Just wondering if my Dad and step mum both have to apply for the 804 or if she can be added to his application as a dependent?

Plus if anyone knows about the assurance sponsor and if X amount of money has to be paid?

If they are married then they apply together.     You probably wouldn't have to worry about the amount of money as it's quite likely you'd never have to pay it. The waiting time for the 804 visa is 30 years.


Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×