804 Visa

3 minutes ago, Mjh said:

Thank you for your reply, so someone on a holiday visa applying for a 804 would have working rights on a BV even if their holiday visa does not?

Yes, I would expect that to be the situation.

Note that the conditions attaching to the visitor visa remain until the BV comes into effect.

Best regards.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

Hi Linda.

The page I'm looking at says:

The following condition(s) might be attached to this visa ...

Not " ... will be attached to your visa ..."

Best regards.

• Like 1

We have submitted an application for 804; does anyone know averaging processing times for bridging visa? Applied onshore (originally from the UK). 

We’re not sure whether they will have to leave when the 3 months on tourist visa is up & re-enter if we haven’t heard back re bridging visa. Any advice appreciated 

• 5 months later...
23 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

There is no income requirement for sponsors of 804 visas.

Best regards.

oh right - that might be why I could not find any info on it then 🙂 - I dont suppose you have a link to that info?

As a sponsor I still have to have been living here as a PR for two years though?

Edited by Mjh

6 hours ago, Mjh said:

oh right - that might be why I could not find any info on it then 🙂 - I dont suppose you have a link to that info?

As a sponsor I still have to have been living here as a PR for two years though?

*   The Assurer must satisfy an income test - not the sponsor of an 804 visa application

*    The sponsor must be "settled" in Australia.

Best regards.

5 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

*   The Assurer must satisfy an income test - not the sponsor of an 804 visa application

*    The sponsor must be "settled" in Australia.

Best regards.

Right, but I would be the assurer and sponsor?

As a sponsor I have been here over a year (not two) PR status, job and own a house.

So as an assurer does anyone know the income requirements?

3 hours ago, Mjh said:

Right, but I would be the assurer and sponsor?

As a sponsor I have been here over a year (not two) PR status, job and own a house.

So as an assurer does anyone know the income requirements?

The income requirements differ based on the number of people you are assuring and the number of people already dependent on you.

For instance the income requirement is less for a single person assuring one aged parent than it would be for a married person with 3 kids assuring one aged parent (since you need to have a family income capable of supporting 5 people as well as the assured aged parent)

Despite not being official guidance and a little out of the date the link below gives you a good idea of how it works

https://www.australiavisa.com/immigration-news/assurance-of-support-aos-income-requirement/

Just now, Ausvisitor said:

The income requirements differ based on the number of people you are assuring and the number of people already dependent on you.

For instance the income requirement is less for a single person assuring one aged parent than it would be for a married person with 3 kids assuring one aged parent (since you need to have a family income capable of supporting 5 people as well as the assured aged parent)

Despite not being official guidance and a little out of the date the link below gives you a good idea of how it works

https://www.australiavisa.com/immigration-news/assurance-of-support-aos-income-requirement/

I believe there is also a bond that needs to be lodged (about $15,000 per assured person) that you get back at the end of the assured period (10 years for an 804)

This means that if you don't make good your obligation to pay if required they can take it out of your bond.

6 hours ago, Ausvisitor said:

I believe there is also a bond that needs to be lodged (about $15,000 per assured person) that you get back at the end of the assured period (10 years for an 804)

This means that if you don't make good your obligation to pay if required they can take it out of your bond.

Thanks i have no dependant children and would be 1 adult assuree only

25 minutes ago, Mjh said:

Thanks i have no dependant children and would be 1 adult assuree only

It's my understanding that the assurer doesn't have to pay the money until shortly before the visa is granted.  If your parents are applying for the 804 visa, then you will never be asked to pay, because the waiting period is 30 years and your parents won't live to see the day.

Hi

Sorry to go off topic!

Just wondering if my Dad and step mum both have to apply for the 804 or if she can be added to his application as a dependent?

Plus if anyone knows about the assurance sponsor and if X amount of money has to be paid?

Thanks again 

16 minutes ago, Gabby said:

Hi

Sorry to go off topic!

Just wondering if my Dad and step mum both have to apply for the 804 or if she can be added to his application as a dependent?

Plus if anyone knows about the assurance sponsor and if X amount of money has to be paid?

If they are married then they apply together.     You probably wouldn't have to worry about the amount of money as it's quite likely you'd never have to pay it. The waiting time for the 804 visa is 30 years.

• 4 months later...
On 13/01/2020 at 19:36, Marisawright said:

If they are married then they apply together.     You probably wouldn't have to worry about the amount of money as it's quite likely you'd never have to pay it. The waiting time for the 804 visa is 30 years.

Hi, sorry for asking the question again My parents both are married, do they need to separately fill the form 47pa or just one person and the other can be added as dependent . Also Does anyone has applied after getting 8503 condition removex.

Just now, ausdre said:

Also I forgot to ask one thing. This is a paper based form , If we sent the form to them , When can we expect the acknowledgement and BCA from them .Does it come through mail or through email of the recipient

from BCA i meant BVA

Can anyone please shed some information on this , My forms have reached the perth centre, How many days it will take them to grant bridging visa , My parents current visa will expire on 10 June 2020.

Is there a way to contact them ?

Any suggestion/ expert recommendations are most welcomed. Please help me as I am kinda a new in this and department guidelines on the grant of Bridging visa is not very clear

On 13/01/2020 at 19:36, Marisawright said:

Hi Maria,

Apologies for asking here as well(I started a thread but did not get reply) .I applied for my parents as well and my father being the primary applicant and my mother being the dependent, I filled the form 47a for my mother and form 47pa for my father, and paid 6k something fees as first installement, 

Do we as a children need to fill 47a as well considering we are independent. Note - I am yet to receive the acknowledgment and receipt from them. 

Any suggestion or help will be really appreciated.

Apologies again for asking it here

Edited by NiluAus