1195 form

Rosie1996

Hi there, 

I am a UK citizen who is partnered with an Australian citizen. We have in the last 3 months submitted for the 309 De Facto Visa. 

After the application being submitted and awaiting for approval, we have recently received a notification for the 1195 form to be completed. Both I and my partner have received this message on our immi accounts. Is it compulsory to be completed? and does my Australian partner have to complete the form? we found the message slightly confusing as we have provided plenty of identity documents.

Finally, I am wondering if I can use my sister's fiance as witness for signing the identity declaration if it is something I have to complete.

Any advice or guidance on this would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks.

If they ask for a form, then you must complete it, because they will put your application on hold until they get it.   If you've both received the request then that suggests you both have to complete it.

The witness has to be a professional person (there's a list of who is eligible) who had known you for at least 12 months.  They must not be related by marriage. Since your sister isn't actually married yet, I think you'd get away with that, but I assume he's in a profession that's on the list?

Edited by Marisawright