New School - Documentation Requirements

bigfishybob

Any idea what sort of documentation is typically required when applying for or starting a new school?  I'm looking at Queensland in particular.

I'm presuming general proof of ID, possibly some sort of handover document from their school in the UK, possibly medical documents (?)...

Any general info or links to relevant posts would be appreciated.

Regards

BFB

Visa status, vaccination record, proof of address, date of birth, that’s about it.

If there is a disability of some kind then bring every report ever written but otherwise don’t bother. Transfer of information across state lines is pathetic so the assumption is that they will make their own assessments for the most part.

• Thanks 1

As Quoll said, evidence of visa status, vaccination record, proof of address and passport is all that is needed. Ours started school in Aus, so we had no prior record of schooling to give, but when we moved back to the UK, although I gave them the school reports from Aus, I doubt that they were read. The teachers just helped the kids fill in the gaps as necessary. They did take note of all reports regarding my daughters ASD and anxiety problems, however, so if there is anything like that give them those.

• Thanks 1