Am a bit tired of questions about RRV

shaunfreo

Please please can a reputable migration agent put together a post regarding RRVs what is required, ect eligibility, so we can direct the endless enquires about them to that post 

There seems to be so many are enquiring about them , and the information given is not always correct looking at previous posts

Edited by shaunfreo

We do have different sections for different visa's but at the end of the day ,its a forum and people will join up and post questions. The repetition ive seen over the years on all topics is unreal but heh thats what a forum is and hopefully older members are kind enough to understand this and answer to the best of their knowledge. 

Cal x

• Like 3

I just thought that given there are so many questions about RRVs , which are not straight forward in many cases it would be helpful to direct enquires to a post which gives the correct advice I know long term members give the best advice they can but unfortunately it’s not always correct 

The thing is guys they do give advice on this topic endlessly to different posts I thought it would be a good idea if there could be one post which gives a broad outline of the rules which we could all direct enquires to 

I don’t see how that is doing agents out of business if anyone requires further help they can pay for it 

gawd I didn’t think this could be so controversial, I guess I will just shut up I obviously haven’t been a member long enough or posted enough posts to have anything worth saying 

Edited by shaunfreo

Just commenting that asking a question often is a way of jumping into the PIO pool, and not everyone is familiar with the search function or know how to navigate forums... we'll all have done it at some time.  Some RRV's aren't straight forward (even though they seem to be at first glance).  Not a big deal at all.

No they are not all straight forward I agree , I did say that in my original post

and perhaps the site could be made easier to navigate, i agree it’s not easy which is obviously why people find it hard to find other posts on the same subject 

Edited by shaunfreo

RRVs aren't always straightforward and can be a source of anxiety and frustration as much as any other part of the visa process. Also, they are taking months to process now. Mine took nearly five months to be processed.

I agree with Cal. It is a forum and if you are not interested in the topic, then you don't have to read the posts you don't like.

On 8 January 2019 at 12:40, shaunfreo said:

No they are not all straight forward I agree , I did say that in my original post

and perhaps the site could be made easier to navigate, i agree it’s not easy which is obviously why people find it hard to find other posts on the same subject 

The problem with REV's is they are much more personal than any other visa as the criteria is so broad. What exactly is "close ties"? Then add in that there has always been some discretion in the awarding, it means no two cases are likely to be even remotely similar. Hence, those of us who have been around a while often recommend using an agent. 

On 08/01/2019 at 23:40, shaunfreo said:

Having been part of many forums in the past, the fact is that new members will always struggle to find what they're looking for, no matter how good the navigation is.   Often, it's because they don't know the right question to ask, so when they type their query into the search function, they don't find anything useful. 

Even if there was a sticky post somewhere with the RRV rules, a lot of newbies wouldn't find it.   

Also, remember that questions are what keep a forum alive.  If people could find all the answers they want without posting questions, it wouldn't be a forum any longer.  The level of activity would drop, it would lose its place in Google rankings, and the forum would eventually die. So it's worth being a bit patient with newbies in the interests of keeping it alive.

18 hours ago, ruthy said:

RRVs aren't always straightforward and can be a source of anxiety and frustration as much as any other part of the visa process. Also, they are taking months to process now. Mine took nearly five months to be processed.

I agree with Cal. It is a forum and if you are not interested in the topic, then you don't have to read the posts you don't like.

I think my initial post has been a bit misunderstood, not suggesting people shouldn’t post questions, and of course many applications are complex and need professional advice, and I am sure they will be directed to seek that advice,

but I just noticed a lot of enquires about RRVs were relating to fundamental rules like qualifying time, the fact that so many believe that their PR has expired because the RRV has expired simple stuff not the more complex situations. 

I agree with Marisawright these forums can be difficult to navigate , but on many forums you will find links In say FAQ or read me first sections British expats forum a case in point then if posters don’t find the answer they are looking for they can place supplemental questions 

anyway W russell has provided those links so that could be a great help to many