Thinking of moving to Australia

guysecretan

I'm 32 and thinking of moving to Australia. I don't have a degree but do have A levels currently living in Bristol I have no criminal record but only work in temporary jobs don't have a specific skill of profession as such. Would I still be able to move there? Also, what are the negatives and positives of life there compared to the UK? The main reason I want to move is because I am really tired of this country the weather and lack of space etc  Also I want to have different experiences and a change. 

Based on what you’ve posted it is unlikely you would qualify for a permanent visa. You need a skill with the relevant study or training to back it up (usually degree), experience in that field AND it has to be on the Australian skills list. 

A working holiday visa age is 30, so you are too old for that. 

Only option to live here permanently would be to marry an Ozzie but even then that’s not as simple as it sounds (to get into Australia, that is).

Sorry mate, the truth is nowadays Australia is a privilidge for a select few. Many would like to move here but it just isn’t possible. Gone are the days of the £10 poms and massive work shortages across Australia.

Working holiday visas are open to those up to age 35 now, changed a few months ago. They are only temporary though so you’d need to do it if you fancy a change and an adventure but know you’d be returning to the uk afterwards. You wouldn’t qualify for any other visa from what you’ve put. 

14 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

Working holiday visas are open to those up to age 35 now, changed a few months ago. They are only temporary though so you’d need to do it if you fancy a change and an adventure but know you’d be returning to the uk afterwards. You wouldn’t qualify for any other visa from what you’ve put. 

The age limit only increased to 35 for Irish and Canadian passport holders.

UK citizens still have an age limit of 30.

5 minutes ago, NickyNook said:

The age limit only increased to 35 for Irish and Canadian passport holders.

UK citizens still have an age limit of 30.

Oh yes sorry, I actually knew that but forgot, it slipped my mind. Sorry OP, ignore that I got it wrong 

2 hours ago, guysecretan said:

I'm 32 and thinking of moving to Australia. I don't have a degree but do have A levels currently living in Bristol I have no criminal record but only work in temporary jobs don't have a specific skill of profession as such. Would I still be able to move there? Also, what are the negatives and positives of life there compared to the UK? The main reason I want to move is because I am really tired of this country the weather and lack of space etc  Also I want to have different experiences and a change. 

IF you were successful with visas I think you would find that work isn't as easy to find here as it once was.  Those days are gone now.  Depending on where you would end up living the weather proves to be too hot for many migrants and for that and other reasons a percentage of them move back to the UK.  If you want to experience Australia you could come on a holiday and see what it is like for yourself.

4 hours ago, guysecretan said:

If you're tired of the weather and lack of space, why not consider moving down to Cornwall or Devon?  My niece moved to Exeter for similar reasons and loves it, there's a reasonable amount of work there. 

There are both positives and negatives about Australia, just like there are positives and negatives about the UK.   Unemployment is about the same in both countries.  You'd find Sydney or Melbourne just as crowded as Bristol - and if you want to live in a small town, jobs are hard to find..  

If you come on holidays you'll probably love it, but just remember that holidaying somewhere is never the same as living there!

Edited by Marisawright