457 (Post June 2018) to PR

NOCH

Hi there,

I've been granted a 457 visa after June 2018 for 3 years as an Early Childhood teacher which is on the  MLTSSL list.

As I read through the new changes, it seems that I need to wait for 3 years before applying for PR.

However, my concern is when I'm eligible to apply for PR, my current 457 visa will be expired.

Should I apply an extension 457 visa before PR or is there any other way?

Also, one of my colleague was granted a new TSS visa for 3 years, but in her visa grant letter, it only asks her to wait 2 years before apply for PR.

Does this apply to my conditions as well. 

Thanks for anyone who can help me out of this!

I think you misunderstand the system. There is no automatic path from a 457 or a TSS to PR. You have to qualify for and meet the criteria for a totally separate visa. Most of which you can do now. The only difference working for an employer for a period of time does is remove the need for a skills assessment is going through an employer sponsored PR route. There are though massive risks of doing that. I would recommend you look at your options for applying for PR now. 

4 hours ago, VERYSTORMY said:

I think you misunderstand the system. There is no automatic path from a 457 or a TSS to PR. You have to qualify for and meet the criteria for a totally separate visa. Most of which you can do now. The only difference working for an employer for a period of time does is remove the need for a skills assessment is going through an employer sponsored PR route. There are though massive risks of doing that. I would recommend you look at your options for applying for PR now. 

Avoiding skill assessment is exact what I want as for English requirement it requires score 8 in both speaking and listening which are insane. 

On ‎06‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 06:56, VERYSTORMY said:

What are the massive risks of going through a sponsored PR route?

On 06/01/2019 at 11:07, NOCH said:

Hi there,

I've been granted a 457 visa after June 2018 for 3 years as an Early Childhood teacher which is on the  MLTSSL list.

Why was it only granted for 3 years and not 4? This is unusual.

As I read through the new changes, it seems that I need to wait for 3 years before applying for PR.

If you applied after 17 April 2017, this is correct if looking to apply under 186 TRT.

However, my concern is when I'm eligible to apply for PR, my current 457 visa will be expired.

Should I apply an extension 457 visa before PR or is there any other way?

You cannot apply for an extension of a 457 as this visa no longer exists. You will need to apply for a 482 (TSS) visa.

Also, one of my colleague was granted a new TSS visa for 3 years, but in her visa grant letter, it only asks her to wait 2 years before apply for PR.

I believe your friend may be mistaken or confused as Grant letters do not provide details about applying for PR. 

Does this apply to my conditions as well. 

Each case is different depending on numerous factors. 

A professional assessment of your particular situation would be well advised.

18 hours ago, mallan82450 said:

What are the massive risks of going through a sponsored PR route?

That the rules change making you ineligible for PR. There are rule changes all the time. Also, the occupation lists change regularly, so an occupation can be removed. In the last couple of changes, over 200 were removed. 

5 hours ago, VERYSTORMY said:

That the rules change making you ineligible for PR. There are rule changes all the time. Also, the occupation lists change regularly, so an occupation can be removed. In the last couple of changes, over 200 were removed. 

Thank you for your reply 😁

Sorry, forgive me as I'm new to all this  . . . So if our family come in to Australia on an employer sponsored TSS 482 Visa, under Management Consultant (exact role Operational Conduct & Risk Manager for KPMG (medium to long term list) how else can we get PR other than applying for it after the 3 years???? I find the whole thing so confusing!

On 08/01/2019 at 11:36, Raul Senise said:

Why was it only granted for 3 years and not 4? This is unusual.

If you applied after 17 April 2017, this is correct if looking to apply under 186 TRT.

You cannot apply for an extension of a 457 as this visa no longer exists. You will need to apply for a 482 (TSS) visa.

I believe your friend may be mistaken or confused as Grant letters do not provide details about applying for PR. 

Each case is different depending on numerous factors. 

A professional assessment of your particular situation would be well advised.

yes it only granted for 3 years not 4. So we have to apply for a new TSS visa after it expires and then apply for PR? (the employer is willing to nominate me for PR)

On 8 January 2019 at 11:18, mallan82450 said:

Thank you for your reply 😁

Sorry, forgive me as I'm new to all this  . . . So if our family come in to Australia on an employer sponsored TSS 482 Visa, under Management Consultant (exact role Operational Conduct & Risk Manager for KPMG (medium to long term list) how else can we get PR other than applying for it after the 3 years???? I find the whole thing so confusing!

You apply for a 189 visa or 190 visa straight off. Many people gain PR before ever stepping foot on Australia. You just need to gain a positive skills assessment and meet the points criteria. 

• Like 1