First WHV drink driving conviction

Jay19

Hi everyone!

I’ve applied my first work holiday visa on 11 of December.

never had any previous convictions until Christmas Day got arrested drink driving test breath is 87

i am also a new driver passed my licence in January 2018 after so many attempts.

i am so ashamed of myself for this matter:((

anyway, my work holiday application is still ongoing and also I’m released on bail.

i have court next Friday!

does anyone know if this drink driving conviction will affect on my application and I they will refuse my visa?

do I need to call Australian embassy in London and tell them about my circumstances?

or I must wait to until the court results?

thanks 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Gee36 said:

What I meant to say is I'd declare if I were you and if you haven't because if you are found out, you might get excluded from future applications there. 

Anyway it’s too late mate. I was about to write about my conviction but being silly and didn’t bothered!

perhpas they gave me a chance to write down about my conviction which I got after I have applied!

imagine if they said form 1399 and passport copy not good enough and we want police records then shit will come out and I’m gonna be f…

Edited by Jay19

2 minutes ago, Gee36 said:

That's alright. Wish you all the best mate and keep us updated on the outcome. I have applied for a permanent visa so I don't think it's gonna come out anytime soon. 

Cheers mate wish you good luck too, I will keep you updated