Shipping gym equipment to Perth- recommendations

SarahL

Does anyone have experience/advice with shipping gym equipment to Australia - we are moving to Perth.

We have the following (which we will disassemble):

a power cage (8ft), vertical leg press, lat pull down, two benches, a calf press, two olympic bars (8ft) and lots of weights.

Should be cheaper to ship than replacing it all in Australia.

Other than that we have very little else apart from the children's toys that we want to ship. Obviously if there is space left over we will then look at taking other stuff. We have looked at a 20ft container. Does this sound reasonable? Or do you think we would get away with something smaller?

Even if you haven't specifically shipped gym equipment please recommend any shippers that you have had a good experience with and send PMs with details of any companies to avoid.

I’ve had PSS give me a reasonable quote to ship household belongings which include treadmill, 3 tier rack of dumbells, power rack, bench and weights. They weren’t fussed as long as I dismantled it. They believe they can get in a shared container including sofa, two beds, 2 bikes and other household items. 

Contact them. They are quite well reviewed on the forum and someone will xome out and give you a free quote.

At the end of the day , all of the companies will be using the same ship.

18 hours ago, Jsmull87 said:

I’ve had PSS give me a reasonable quote to ship household belongings which include treadmill, 3 tier rack of dumbells, power rack, bench and weights. They weren’t fussed as long as I dismantled it. They believe they can get in a shared container including sofa, two beds, 2 bikes and other household items. 

Contact them. They are quite well reviewed on the forum and someone will xome out and give you a free quote.

At the end of the day , all of the companies will be using the same ship.

Thanks for the recommendation, will get a quote from them. 

14 hours ago, ali said:

The only problem with a shared container is that you may have to wait for the other half to be filled which can cause delays.  

That's definitely something to keep in mind. We may be able to send our stuff ahead of us though so may not be an issue.

10 hours ago, SarahL said:

Thanks for the recommendation, will get a quote from them. 

That's definitely something to keep in mind. We may be able to send our stuff ahead of us though so may not be an issue.

Don't forget to get a quote for separate insurance from someone like Letton Percival - works out cheaper and more comprehensive than the shippers insurance.

On 07/01/2019 at 00:42, unzippy said:

Don't forget to get a quote for separate insurance from someone like Letton Percival - works out cheaper and more comprehensive than the shippers insurance.

Good point. Have read a few horror stories on here so will definitely be getting insurance through a separate company! Thanks