Penrith? thoughts

thebigmove2017

Penrith gets hot. It's west of the city so hotter in summer and colder in winter than suburbs closer to the ocean. It's not particularly humid as it's not coastal.

Loads of people live in the Penrith area, people have pools and air conditioning and manage OK. The Nepean/Hawkesbury river serves as a beach substitute.

If you want a slightly nicer climate in that area, look at the lower Blue Mountains suburbs. As you climb away from the Sydney basin the summer temperatures fall (but then so do the winter temps, too!).

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, NickyNook said:

Penrith gets hot. It's west of the city so hotter in summer and colder in winter than suburbs closer to the ocean. It's not particularly humid as it's not coastal.

Loads of people live in the Penrith area, people have pools and air conditioning and manage OK. The Nepean/Hawkesbury river serves as a beach substitute.

If you want a slightly nicer climate in that area, look at the lower Blue Mountains suburbs. As you climb away from the Sydney basin the summer temperatures fall (but then so do the winter temps, too!).

Agree about how hot it can get in Penrith also colder in the winter.  As long as you can find a DECENT rental (good luck with that) with reverse cycle air-con and good insulation it wouldn't be too bad.  There are loads of young families living in the area - could be a bit bogan-ish in certain areas.  Bogan = chav.

https://www.homely.com.au/penrith-penrith-sydney-greater-new-south-wales

1 hour ago, NickyNook said:

I agree the Blue Mountains are cooler but you do need to get up past Glenbrook before the temperature drops much - and that adds noticeably to the commute time.

The OP has absolutely no need to live in Sydney, they have a 190 which means they have to live somewhere in NSW.    

Personally, if I had the choice, there is no way I'd live in Penrith when I have all the coastal towns to choose from.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

I agree the Blue Mountains are cooler but you do need to get up past Glenbrook before the temperature drops much - and that adds noticeably to the commute time.

The OP has absolutely no need to live in Sydney, they have a 190 which means they have to live somewhere in NSW.    

Personally, if I had the choice, there is no way I'd live in Penrith when I have all the coastal towns to choose from.

If I had a choice it would be the Port Stephens/Newcastle area.   Plenty to do there and lovely beaches.