Citizenship questions

Mrgreenz

Hey, I wonder if anyone could help on the following questions:

Me and my partner have applied for citizenship in July 2018. We have since had a baby, do we need to fill in form as a change of circumstance for our application?

Does our baby have citizenship? Do you make a immi account on their behalf and apply for a evidence of citizenship in order to get a passport?

Thanks

We had this situation. Our daughter was born when we had PR but not yet citizenship. The passport agency required evidence of her citizenship, her birth certificate AND that we were PR holders at the time of her birth. Our PR grant letters were not accepted as evidence, they would only accept a stamp in our passports as proof. (?) We explained they no longer do this as it is all electronic but they would not budge. They advised us to get a citizenship certificate. 

So we contacted the dept. of home affairs and made enquires to get her a citizenship certificate, and guess what they needed as proof ? A PASSPORT. 

Stuck between a rock and a hard place. In the end we couldn’t complete the electronic application because it didn’t account for this situation and we had to attach a letter explaining it all. We eventually got the citizenship certificate and this was used to get our daughter her passport. 

This was 3 years ago, no idea if the passport office have updated their requirements so that they all align. 

Good luck 😊

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...