Applied for Citizenship but want to move back to UK

hebs81

Firstly hi all! So I've applied for Citizenship in Nov 2017, currently its still sitting at the received status and have heard nothing.

In the time since then I have decided I want to move back to the UK, this probably won't be until mid next year so it may be fine, but I wondered if anyone else was in the same boat?

My partner is Australian, I will still own property here and currently have an RRV until 2023 so I have a while before things get tricky to get back in. Do you know if Australian partner and a house is strong enough ties to Australia to get another RRV should I wish to return in say 10 years? I may never return to Aus I don't know but I don't want to cut ties altogether.

Thanks

54 minutes ago, rammygirl said:

I would wait.  Who knows what the rules will be in 10 years time......

Citizenship applications seem to be a bit of a lottery.  We applied in December 2017 and became citizens in August this year.

Yeah might have to delay the move.

When did you get your test date through? I'm hoping mine might come through in the next month or so, its so frustrating.

we got test date in May, took test in June approved straight away and ceremony was in August.  We now have our passports.

Immi has now increased the timeline to 90% granted within 20 months-its blown out every time I’ve checked it, think I should stop looking!!
Congratulations on it being done so quickly, hopefully they get a move on with the backlog.
It must be hard for the OP, it does make sense for many reasons to wait for citizenship but the way the processing times have and continue to be blown out, it is not a small ask.

11 hours ago, rammygirl said:

Those timelines should apply to those applying now not those who applied last year though. 

so true

we are approaching a year now with nothing other than 'received' ...... to hear 20 months is just depressing  and crazy when all they have to do for most of us is press the button to take the test etc lol.....the backlog must be hideous