Apply onshore 190 visa while holding a tourist visa

mswinnie889

Hello everyone, 

My situation is that I have applied for 457 visa but unfortunately got rejected so we applied for AAT and still waiting. Meanwhile, i had received 190 NSW invitation , thus i was advised by my agent that i could apply a tourist visa to come back to Au and then lodge my application which i did. I came to Au on a tourist visa and lodged my application, however, i expected that i would get a bridging visa A soon after my lodgement. But so far, it has been 5 days and i have not received anything. 

Can you please provide any suggestions on my case ? 

Many thanks , 

7 hours ago, mswinnie889 said:

Hello everyone, 

My situation is that I have applied for 457 visa but unfortunately got rejected so we applied for AAT and still waiting. Meanwhile, i had received 190 NSW invitation , thus i was advised by my agent that i could apply a tourist visa to come back to Au and then lodge my application which i did. I came to Au on a tourist visa and lodged my application, however, i expected that i would get a bridging visa A soon after my lodgement. But so far, it has been 5 days and i have not received anything. 

Many thanks , 

Your BVA will not come into effect until your tourist visa expires

20 hours ago, mswinnie889 said:

Hello everyone, 

Many thanks , 

Bridging visas
An EOI is not a visa application and you will not be granted a Bridging visa by submitting an EOI. Your eligibility for a Bridging visa would only be considered once a valid visa application is lodged.

If you are in Australia and the visa you hold is about to expire before you are invited and able to apply for a skilled visa, you will need to apply for another visa to remain in Australia. If you do not meet the requirements for the grant of another visa, you will need to depart Australia before your visa expires. 

Source: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/working-in-australia/skillselect 

Have you lodged the 190 application or just an application with NSW?  It would need to be the 190 application lodged while you are in Australia in order to get a bridging visa.  The bridging visa is usually issued within a few minutes to maybe an hour or two, but sometimes they don't come and take some chasing up.  This is something your migration agent should be taking care of for you.

15 minutes ago, MaggieMay24 said:

Have you lodged the 190 application or just an application with NSW?  It would need to be the 190 application lodged while you are in Australia in order to get a bridging visa.  The bridging visa is usually issued within a few minutes to maybe an hour or two, but sometimes they don't come and take some chasing up.  This is something your migration agent should be taking care of for you.

Hi Maggie,

Thanks for your reply,

I lodged the application for 190 with necessary document last week in Australia. 

My agent said the same about the BVA and he’s chasing it up with DHA. 

My agent suspected that DHA is reviewing my 457 refusal before they give me a BVA. Could it be possible this is the case? 

Warm regards, 

1 hour ago, mswinnie889 said:

Hi Maggie,

Thanks for your reply,

I lodged the application for 190 with necessary document last week in Australia. 

My agent said the same about the BVA and he’s chasing it up with DHA. 

My agent suspected that DHA is reviewing my 457 refusal before they give me a BVA. Could it be possible this is the case? 

Warm regards, 

If a valid subclass 190 visa was lodged while you are onshore, a BVA should be granted on lodgement. 

Either no 190 has been lodged or there is a system issue (which is not uncommon). 

22 hours ago, Raul Senise said:

If a valid subclass 190 visa was lodged while you are onshore, a BVA should be granted on lodgement. 

Either no 190 has been lodged or there is a system issue (which is not uncommon). 

Hi Raul, 

thanks for your advice, 

I was informed that i have to apply a BVA by post since my immi account does not have the option to lodge it online by agent ? 

Thus, i wonder how long it usually takes to grant a bridging visa A ?

Thank you

2 minutes ago, mswinnie889 said:

Hi Raul, 

thanks for your advice, 

I was informed that i have to apply a BVA by post since my immi account does not have the option to lodge it online by agent ? 

Thus, i wonder how long it usually takes to grant a bridging visa A ?

Thank you

That does not make much sense as a bridging visa A is granted in association with a valid on shore application.

You should not need to apply for it separately as it should have already been granted in association with the onshore application.

Hi Raul, 

thanks for your instant reply, 

what should i do then ? because my agent has contacted the DHA and got a confirmation from them that there is something wrong with the system so BVA wasnt generated automatically upon my lodgement of 190 application last week. Thus, my agent advised me to submit the application seperately.

Look forward to hearing from you

1 minute ago, mswinnie889 said:

Hi Raul, 

thanks for your instant reply, 

what should i do then ? because my agent has contacted the DHA and got a confirmation from them that there is something wrong with the system so BVA wasnt generated automatically upon my lodgement of 190 application last week. Thus, my agent advised me to submit the application seperately.

Look forward to hearing from you

Are you using a Registered Agent?

I can only provide generic advice on a Public forum.

Without knowing all the details of your case, I cannot provide advice on your specific situation.

If the system didn't automatically generate a bridging visa, then DHA should be manually creating one for you.  You shouldn't need to apply for one separately.  As Raul said, it's not uncommon for the system not to generate a bridging visa and usually it just takes someone contacting DHA about this for them to arrange one to be sent out.

• 4 months later...

Hi mswinnie,

i currently having the same issue you are having and i am wondering if you have received BVA through application or you wait until your tourist visa expires.

Hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.