eVisitor (subclass 651) Condition 8528

mgk76

I've recently completed an application for an e-Visitor (subclass 651) tourist visa, however I stated that I have criminal convictions which has generated a request for additional information such as a police certificate. I have provided the required documentation and now have to wait for the this to be assessed before the visa can be issued.

Having read more about condition 8528, No criminal convictions, I find that this applies to convictions resulting in a 12 month custodial sentence.

My convictions were over 20 years ago and did not result in a prison sentence just community service (my police certificate state 'No Live Trace').

I am due to fly to Australia in 2 days and I am concerned that I have no visa and no one from Australian immigration can give me information on the status of my application.

I now believe that I should have ticked 'No' in the criminal convictions box - is this correct?

and if so,

Can I complete a new application (or ETA) and cancel/withdraw the original visa?

Thanks in advance.