Immigration with 2 wives

Saqib

I have 2 wives and want to apply immigration with 2nd wife and tge children from 1st wife is it possible and i need to declare 1st wife in my visa application non immigrants field or how can i bring my 1st wife to australia after getting PR.

1 hour ago, Saqib said:

I have 2 wives and want to apply immigration with 2nd wife and tge children from 1st wife is it possible and i need to declare 1st wife in my visa application non immigrants field or how can i bring my 1st wife to australia after getting PR.

The majority of people on here are from cultures which only permit one wife. Maybe find a forum for migrants from your country, and/or consult an agent. 

Australia doesn't recognise polygamy so from an immigration perspective, you are only allowed to have one wife and that generally means "to the exclusion of all others".  If you want to proceed, you should speak with a migration agent because you may struggle to meet the relationship evidence.

Edited by MaggieMay24

"Foreign polygamous marriages are not recognized in Australia. However, a foreign marriage that is not polygamous but could potentially become polygamous at a later date under the law of the country where the marriage took place is recognized in Australia while any subsequent polygamous marriage is not".  Hope you understand that.  Not sure I do.

"Foreign polygamous marriages are not recognized in Australia. However, a foreign marriage that is not polygamous but could potentially become polygamous at a later date under the law of the country where the marriage took place is recognized in Australia while any subsequent polygamous marriage is not".  Hope you understand that.  Not sure I do.

To me it reads that regardless of your intentions (to have one wife, or whether you have plans for a second concurrent marriage...), your first marriage will be recognised, any further wives won’t be recognised as wives....
I suspect that will pose a challenge in bringing these two ladies over and even if that were possible eg. If one obtained a skilled visa in their own right, recognising them as your wife would not happen.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, LouDYorkie said:

To me it reads that regardless of your intentions (to have one wife, or whether you have plans for a second concurrent marriage...), your first marriage will be recognised, any further wives won’t be recognised as wives....
I suspect that will pose a challenge in bringing these two ladies over and even if that were possible eg. If one obtained a skilled visa in their own right, recognising them as your wife would not happen.

Thats the way I understand it too

Ok but my querry is that too can i apply with 2nd wife because with her i can get 5 points to reach 70 points or can i include my children fron my first wife 

In short who will chose which one I can include its my choice or australian govt choice 

Ok but my querry is that too can i apply with 2nd wife because with her i can get 5 points to reach 70 points or can i include my children fron my first wife 
In short who will chose which one I can include its my choice or australian govt choice 

It looks as though your first wife is “your wife” as far as Australia is concerned, it doesn’t look like you can choose which one you want to be your wife based on best migration chances (unless you divorce wife number 1) -but that’s just the way I read it. If you need to know for certain how you could/should proceed, you should engage the services of a MARA agent.

Ok thanks one last thing if i will apply with 1st wife than no need to divorce 2nd wife and and i need to inform immigration about my 2nd wife becuse i will include children from both

This is where you definitely need expert help. Australia may not recognise your second wife AT ALL, although I would guess they would still recognise your children. You may be in a situation where you can only bring one wife and your other wife may struggle to visit because they think she will stay. This is pure speculation on my part but it would be awful to think your family could be split because you did not get expert advice. Please, contact a registered agent.

16 hours ago, Saqib said:

Ok thanks one last thing if i will apply with 1st wife than no need to divorce 2nd wife and and i need to inform immigration about my 2nd wife becuse i will include children from both

As LouDYorkie said, I think you would be wise to speak with a migration agent.  Regardless which wife you include in your application, the mere fact that you have a second wife may cause Immigration to say your other wife doesn't meet the criteria since your relationship isn't exclusive.  This is just a guess on my part, but given how much discussion there is around people needing to provide evidence of the genuine nature of their relationship, you wouldn't want to commit to a path and have immigration say your relationship cannot be genuine within the context of Australian immigration policy if you have two wives.

This isn't a real poster surely....

You want to use the 2nd wife for points but bring the first wife and children.....

I'm gonna claim 100 points because I have two personalities and they are both under 30 so I get double points and did the English test twice too so have superior superior english

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Saqib said:

Bro i want to claim points of 2nd wife and want to take children of 1st wofe not 1st wife 

So you are not taking your 1st wife (are you divorced from her) but you want to take the children.  What does your 1st wife think of you taking her children away? This sounds very strange indeed.

46 minutes ago, Toots said:

So you are not taking your 1st wife (are you divorced from her) but you want to take the children.  What does your 1st wife think of you taking her children away? This sounds very strange indeed.

He is not divorced. He is still married to the first one, but has taken a second wife as well. 

20 hours ago, Saqib said:

Bro i want to claim points of 2nd wife and want to take children of 1st wofe not 1st wife 

You want to take your first wife’s children away from their mother just to suit your goal?  How does the mother and children feel about that idea?

Edited by Tulip1

18 hours ago, Raul Senise said:

In order for migration requirements to be met, there can be only one ongoing married or de facto relationship.

If either party to a married or de facto relationship is involved in another married or de facto relationship, neither party can satisfy the migration definition of spouse.

Good to hear 

3 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

You want to take your first wife’s children away from their mother just to suit your goal?  How does the mother and children feel about that idea?

This poster can't be genuine nobody would seriously think Australia would let in an unlimited number of people for one applicant.

However in countries where this sort of thing goes on I suspect the mother doesn't get any say and will be flogged if she speaks..

This poster can't be genuine nobody would seriously think Australia would let in an unlimited number of people for one applicant.
However in countries where this sort of thing goes on I suspect the mother doesn't get any say and will be flogged if she speaks..

I’m pretty sure there have been questions asked on here before where someone had sponsored their partner, partner received PR, couple split, same person wants to sponsor a new partner and so on.
Despite the OP wanting to do it in a way that isn’t compatible with Australian law (or values), bringing 2 partners at the same time, there are obviously people who try to obtain residency for multiple partners which still results in all those people being resident in Australia.
I wonder how many sponsorships draw the attention of Immigration? [emoji848]