register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Kenneth Wragg

Property in Mount Barker.

Hello:

I have a budget of only $300K, will I be able to get a completed 3 bed/ 2 baths new property in Mount Barker?

Thank you for all your help and advice to date.

KGW.

Unlikely by the time you add on carpets, blinds and landscaping etc.  there are one or two house and land packages on the bluestone estate, small lots 300m square or so.  By the time you build a decent size three bed there won’t be much backyard left. 

Have you looked on real estate.com or googled house and land packages in Mount Barker.  Plenty to see on line.

Have you spoken to your daughter/son in Mount Barker about the areas you might consider?  A short drive will take you to Nairn or Littlehampton for example.

So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

Why not ask your daughter who lives there to have a look round and see what is available, not much for that sort of money.

Looking at domain.com.au, there are a lot of new build properties advertised at around $260K.   That will certainly not include everything, of course.

https://www.domain.com.au/lot-1842-arlington-street-mount-barker-sa-5251-2013542924

The question you need to ask is, what is included in that price?   The ONLY person who can answer that is the builder, so I suggest you contact them and ask:

https://rivergumhomes.com.au/

Edited by Marisawright

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Thank you for your reply’s, we have took it all on board. Can I take this opportunity to thank each and everyone of you for your help/advice over the past few months, this is a great website for help/ information. A 1st Class service, can’t thank you all enough you know who you are.

Best Wishes, we are on our way.

KGW