143 visa payment times help

Uk2oz

Hi all myself and my partner and our young son are planning to start the 143 visa process after Christmas with a Mara agent.

The Mara agent sent me the following email......Thank you for your email.

Based on the information you have now provided it seems that you are 
potentially eligible to be considered for a Contributory Parent visa.

I wish to confirm that our fee of £1200 is charged in three instalments 
with £400 payable upon the engagement of our services, £400 when your 
migration application is lodged with the Department of Home Affairs 
(DHA) and the balance of £400 due when your case is assessed by DHA.

The other costs associated with your application are currently as follows:

· DHA application lodgement fee - AUD5,155 per couple.
· Medicals, X-rays and blood tests - costs can vary but allow £250 per 
adult as a guide.
· UK police checks - £45 per adult.
· Assurance of Support - AUD14,000 per couple.
· DHA contributory parent visa charge - AUD43,600 per adult........

what I would like to know is the time roughly each payment is due... I know the waiting time is roughly 3 years but could anyone say spread the above payment out over the 3 year period so I have a rough idea when each is due. Thanks for any help received and merry Christmas to all  🙂 

The processing time for 143 visas is presently some 4 to 5 years, and that is for applications being processed now - please anticipate a processing time longer than 3 years.

Your agent should be appraising you of the timeline for payments, but for info this is what I say in our fee proposals to those enquiring about a subclass 143 visa:

In terms of cash flow the bulk of this total is payable at the end of the visa application processing timeline.

For example, the A$43,600 per applicant fee is paid immediately prior to visas being granted.

Best regards.

20 hours ago, Uk2oz said:

Hi all myself and my partner and our young son are planning to start the 143 visa process after Christmas with a Mara agent.

The Mara agent sent me the following email......Thank you for your email.

Based on the information you have now provided it seems that you are 
potentially eligible to be considered for a Contributory Parent visa.

I wish to confirm that our fee of £1200 is charged in three instalments 
with £400 payable upon the engagement of our services, £400 when your 
migration application is lodged with the Department of Home Affairs 
(DHA) and the balance of £400 due when your case is assessed by DHA.

The other costs associated with your application are currently as follows:

· DHA application lodgement fee - AUD5,155 per couple.
· Medicals, X-rays and blood tests - costs can vary but allow £250 per 
adult as a guide.
· UK police checks - £45 per adult.
· Assurance of Support - AUD14,000 per couple.
· DHA contributory parent visa charge - AUD43,600 per adult........

what I would like to know is the time roughly each payment is due... I know the waiting time is roughly 3 years but could anyone say spread the above payment out over the 3 year period so I have a rough idea when each is due. Thanks for any help received and merry Christmas to all  🙂 

Waiting time will be about six years for you not three 

Yes possibly but be aware you will have to pay for private health insurance every year  for all the family which could be expensive. There will be around 15000 places per year available and already lots of people have their applications with agents ready to go as soon as the visa application is opened. The sponsor in Australia has to be approved first and will have to have a certain household income -   As yet this amount hasn’t been announced    

Wait times for 143 for new applicants are likely to be around 6 years - there are already approx 50,000 in the queue and the government is decreasing the amount of parent visas they are granting. They are allowing a ceiling of 7175 grants per year and in the last two years have only granted just over 6000 - and Scott Morrison has said he intends to further reduce immigration in the next budget. 

Sorry to be pessimistic but it’s best to have an understanding of time limits etc. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

Also you cannot work on this temporary visa so would need to support yourselves for 5 years. The cost of the visa would be $10000 per adult. 

One assumes then that any school age child would be subject to international student fees which can be quite $cary! For 5 years that could be challenging. 

I agree, I didn't know that I would be unable to work so we won't be going down that route. We are not wealthy but do own our own home to pay the visa fees and both of our daughters are on very good salaries and one has their own very successful business so the assurance of support side if things would be fine. It's all about the time it will take to get there and not the financial side of things that I'm worrying about

17 minutes ago, Uk2oz said:

I agree, I didn't know that I would be unable to work so we won't be going down that route. We are not wealthy but do own our own home to pay the visa fees and both of our daughters are on very good salaries and one has their own very successful business so the assurance of support side if things would be fine. It's all about the time it will take to get there and not the financial side of things that I'm worrying about

I understand where you are coming from. Not many years ago the timescale was only a few years or even less. Now we’re all waiting forever it seems, I feel your pain!  Best to get your application in as soon as possible 

I understand where you are coming from. Not many years ago the timescale was only a few years or even less. Now we’re all waiting forever it seems, I feel your pain!  Best to get your application in as soon as possible 
We have an appointment with our Mara agent in the new year. We are currently in Australia now and if we get time when we're back we will call over and see him as they are in the same town as us

13 hours ago, Uk2oz said:
13 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

We have an appointment with our Mara agent in the new year. We are currently in Australia now and if we get time when we're back we will call over and see him as they are in the same town as us

I hope your agent wasn’t the one who told you the process will take 3 years! May want to try another one if they did 

Migration agents already have lists of people who wish to apply. It’s possible that some anticipated details have already been asked for and supplied. At least that is what i would  do if I were an agent !  Sorry if what I wrote came out wrong and caused a misconception. 

• Like 1