You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Hi there,

I am about 90% complete with my/our application and I am uploading the evidence and document scans etc.

I find myself confused and a bit stuck with the Family unit evidence area.

My wife is the lead applicant and requires no evidence [Family unit]

I have uploaded, my Marriage certificate and our joint mortgage statement...

BUT our 3yr old son has very little paperwork to support this aspect.

This is what the 'Help' has to say ..... 

Provide evidence that you are a member of a family unit. This may include a certified copy of your family book/household booklet/family composition or adoption document.

Information about which family members are considered to be a 'member of your family unit' for migration purposes is available on our website.

I have never heard of these documents [ignoring the adoption document, which is irrelevant to us anyway], are we expected to pay for a Genealogist to create a family tree or something??

if I leave the subject 'blank' will I

a) be able to complete and submit the application?

b)be requested to provide this so called 'required' documentary evidence later? 

Hoping for some of your usually helpful guidance

D

43 minutes ago, Dazspy said:

Hi there,

I am about 90% complete with my/our application and I am uploading the evidence and document scans etc.

I find myself confused and a bit stuck with the Family unit evidence area.

My wife is the lead applicant and requires no evidence [Family unit]

I have uploaded, my Marriage certificate and our joint mortgage statement...

BUT our 3yr old son has very little paperwork to support this aspect.

This is what the 'Help' has to say ..... 

Provide evidence that you are a member of a family unit. This may include a certified copy of your family book/household booklet/family composition or adoption document.

Information about which family members are considered to be a 'member of your family unit' for migration purposes is available on our website.

I have never heard of these documents [ignoring the adoption document, which is irrelevant to us anyway], are we expected to pay for a Genealogist to create a family tree or something??

if I leave the subject 'blank' will I

a) be able to complete and submit the application?

b)be requested to provide this so called 'required' documentary evidence later? 

Hoping for some of your usually helpful guidance

D

Do you not have a birth certificate showing you as his parents? Some countries do not have that but have a Family Book instead. 

• Like 1

Yes his Birth certificate does list us [Mother and Father]

I already uploaded this under the other relevant area, 'proof of age/identity'

I called the helpline 'Immi - Home affairs, help/support' - they said 'just upload whatever you can that you feel is relevant, we will always contact you to request more if required'

Sadly the person on the end of the phone has access only to the same info that is available to me on their website. Not really useful when you require an experienced opinion...

2 hours ago, Dazspy said:

Yes his Birth certificate does list us [Mother and Father]

I already uploaded this under the other relevant area, 'proof of age/identity'

I called the helpline 'Immi - Home affairs, help/support' - they said 'just upload whatever you can that you feel is relevant, we will always contact you to request more if required'

Sadly the person on the end of the phone has access only to the same info that is available to me on their website. Not really useful when you require an experienced opinion...

If your country has a Family Book, use that, if not the birth certificate is fine. Doesn;t matter that you uploaded it calling it something else. It is the proof that your child is part of your family unit. 

• Thanks 1