You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Harpersgirl

Visitor Visa- VACCU Referral

Well, it's been a while since I posted in here but once a pom in oz always a pom in oz eh!

I'm hoping someone can give me some hope for my daughter's subclass 600 for a surprise visit to bring her baby twins to meet the rest of the family over Xmas. Flights are booked for 27th December and her partners and the babies visa's are all approved.

Unfortunately, yesterday she was told that her application has been passed on to VACCU and they are now terrified that they will not get it back in time. She has a spent conviction from when she was resident here two years ago which we assume is the reason for VACCU. At that time she was being processed for a 457 but due to the terrible time she had living here decided to head back to the UK to settle. Immi were fully aware of this however the 457 appears to have been left on her records which may also cause some confusion.

She has passed on police checks for both Aus and UK and character references to support her application. Does anyone have any suggestions of how they can proceed or is able to give me hope that I will see my grandchildren.... 

Angie.... a work in progress!

1 hour ago, Harpersgirl said:

Well, it's been a while since I posted in here but once a pom in oz always a pom in oz eh!

I'm hoping someone can give me some hope for my daughter's subclass 600 for a surprise visit to bring her baby twins to meet the rest of the family over Xmas. Flights are booked for 27th December and her partners and the babies visa's are all approved.

Unfortunately, yesterday she was told that her application has been passed on to VACCU and they are now terrified that they will not get it back in time. She has a spent conviction from when she was resident here two years ago which we assume is the reason for VACCU. At that time she was being processed for a 457 but due to the terrible time she had living here decided to head back to the UK to settle. Immi were fully aware of this however the 457 appears to have been left on her records which may also cause some confusion.

She has passed on police checks for both Aus and UK and character references to support her application. Does anyone have any suggestions of how they can proceed or is able to give me hope that I will see my grandchildren.... 

For immigration purposes, convictions are never spent.

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com

3 minutes ago, wrussell said:

For immigration purposes, convictions are never spent.

Yes, quite.

7 hours ago, Harpersgirl said:

Yes, quite.

Hate to say this but VACCU are rarely quick to respond. If the 457 application was 2 years ago that won't come into it, and 457s don't exist now anyway, it'll be down to the conviction, and will depend on what for, what sentence etc etc. I'd like to be wrong but wouldn't bank on it coming through in time if it has only just gone to VACCU.

Just in case anyone else is in a situation similar to ours I thought I would post a follow-up.

After emailing VACCU and our local fed MP's office YESTERDAY, my daughter's visitor's visa was approved this morning.

image.jpeg.486766d153a0c21118b1bb261917a6cc.jpeg

20 hours ago, Harpersgirl said:

Just in case anyone else is in a situation similar to ours I thought I would post a follow-up.

After emailing VACCU and our local fed MP's office YESTERDAY, my daughter's visitor's visa was approved this morning.

image.jpeg.486766d153a0c21118b1bb261917a6cc.jpeg

Brilliant. Congratulations!! Thanks for posting an update. Not many people do. Have a wonderful time with your family over the holidays.

IELTS 07/22 R 7.5 W 8.5 S 8.0 L 8.5 O 8.0| Positive Assessment on 10/12 | SA SS Online 10/19 | SA Docs Recvd. 11/02 | SA SS Approved 11/18 | 176 lodged 11/30 | PCC and Medicals requested 12/05 | Meds Finalzed 09/01 | PCC met 31/01 | Visa Granted 02/01

My Blog