Move back to UK before citizenship test

Steve_s

1 hour ago, rammygirl said:

Were you still in Australia when the actual approval (viewed on line) happened.  The actual letter comes a couple of weeks later.  Just that I thought you had to be physically present in Australia for approval.

Yes, I did my interview at the beginning of a 3 week stay so I was still in Australia for the approval, letter arrived before I left. Approval in the system was processed the day after my interview. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nikkiroon said:

Interesting information @movingtoaussielandthanks for sharing - please keep us posted. Does anyone know of a good migrant agent that is an expert in such situations ?’i.e. being out of the country whilst an application is in process. 

Will do. Also, i was told they are churning through hundreds of interviews a day (at least in Melbourne) and doing extra ceremonies trying to clear some of the backlog so anyone waiting for an invite will hopefully not have to wait too long. 
On the agent question, I asked 3 agents for help and all said they don’t typically help with citizenship applications! One did offer to do some research into the current rules (for a fee) but never got back to me with a fee estimate so I gave up. If you do manage to find an agent with knowledge in this area I expect a lot of people would want their number. 

1 hour ago, movingtoaussieland said:

Yes, I did my interview at the beginning of a 3 week stay so I was still in Australia for the approval, letter arrived before I left. Approval in the system was processed the day after my interview. 

that's so lucky of you to still be in AUS while you got the approval, or did they promise you that you will receive your approval within that time frame?

Very interesting! What was the timeline between when you had your exam and received approval? You said you waited for 3 weeks, did you receive it during that time?

Aside from what you mentioned were there any other evidence you took and did you use a lawyer or do this solo?

On 05/11/2019 at 15:42, olloyd21 said:

Very interesting! What was the timeline between when you had your exam and received approval? You said you waited for 3 weeks, did you receive it during that time?

Aside from what you mentioned were there any other evidence you took and did you use a lawyer or do this solo?

Approval date in the system is 2 days after my exam date. Letter in the mail confirming approval took about 10 days. 
Evidence will depend entirely on your personal circumstances. I took what I felt demonstrated why I was currently living overseas (work and family reasons that are both short-term in nature)  and what I had that would show I intend to return (bank statements, superannuation, evidence of a local address). I did everything on my own, not sure a lawyer would have been any help to be honest.

On 04/11/2019 at 20:12, JZ007 said:

that's so lucky of you to still be in AUS while you got the approval, or did they promise you that you will receive your approval within that time frame?

I don't think they make those kinds of promises!  My interviewer told me they would approve it in the system the next day and that the letter would take up to 2 weeks.  I was prepared to change my flight and extend my stay if I needed to, thankfully I have a very understanding boss and I can work from anywhere with an internet connection. 

• 1 year later...

Hi all, bumping this up! Our citizenship tests got delayed due to COVID in 2020 and then put on hold and we haven’t heard anything since.

We are stuck in the Uk... trying to establish if we can   sit our citizenship test remotely in a consulate in the UK.

Has anyone heard of any instances of this happening at all? or can you offer any advice? 
Thanks