Waiting time between EOI and ITA on a 190 NSW

JohnDoug

Hi all.

Hoping some of you would be kind enough to share waiting times between submitting EOI and receiving a invitation to apply. From what I have gathered on numerous forums is that things are definitely slowing down on the 190 NSW front as too many people have not honored their commitment to NSW of at least two years and moved on shortly after arriving in Oz. We have been waiting for 9 weeks and our MARA agent has told us that not a single one of her clients have had and invite from NSW since 1st July. 

Hi, we submitted EOI for NSW on the 13th August. We received invitation to apply for nomination on the 23rd August. We were then nominated to apply for visa on the 2nd October. Visa lodged in the 19th October. We were originally going for 189 but changed to the 190 and all started happening very quickly. We are going to do medicals and police check in jan then hopefully will be a grant soon!

• Thanks 1

Sorry to hear you have been waiting so long! We were shocked we had an invite within 10 days. Fingers crossed you hear very soon. I think once you get an invite it’s roughly a 6 week processing time (it was for us anyway) until you get nominated to apply.

We looked into 489 but no luck as profession not on any of the regional skills lists and or not taking anymore EOI's until further notice. Will be taking the PTE test again to see if we can conjure up the magic numbers to pass at Superior level English to give us another 10 points. Nightmare as wifey is busy with her doctorate and barely enough time for anything. Hope you guys get your invite soon 

9 hours ago, Aimz said:

We have 65 points by the way with state nomination. What occupation are you? From what I have gathered this plays a big party in the state sponsored visas

Hi Aimz. I am a registered nurse nec (role on the priority occupations list) with 65 points. I applied to NSW only last week. What occupation are you? Any idea what the EOI processing average is?

NSW has not done any bulk invite rounds yet for the 2018/2019 migration year.

I was thinking maybe they are holding off until they finalize the 5 year regional rule.

Hopefully they hold off a couple more months so that my points go up and I can beat out those with non-superior English. 

On 03/12/2018 at 22:56, CivCdn said:

NSW has not done any bulk invite rounds yet for the 2018/2019 migration year.

I was thinking maybe they are holding off until they finalize the 5 year regional rule.

Hopefully they hold off a couple more months so that my points go up and I can beat out those with non-superior English. 

Was not aware that they do bulk invites at all. Thought they would deal with EOI's as and when they are lodged. But then again I have no clue how the Skillselect software/system works.

8 hours ago, JohnDoug said:

Was not aware that they do bulk invites at all. Thought they would deal with EOI's as and when they are lodged. But then again I have no clue how the Skillselect software/system works.

It used to be that NSW would send invitations for NSW nominations every second week, on Wednesday’s I believe.

This year it seems they are sending these invitation emails once a month, a few days after the 189 invitations to lodge that visa.

5 hours ago, Raul Senise said:

NSW invites depend on many factors and you cannot judge your timeline against someone with different details.

My last NSW application (last week) took 3 days to receive an invite.

Can I ask what occupation and points that was for?

• 2 months later...
On 24/02/2019 at 07:31, Gwatson said:

65 points and still waiting. Any idea how long it takes to get an EOI with 65? Hamed, how about you? 

We were waiting for around 4 months with 65 points and nothing. Then took PTE again to gain the extra 10 points and got invited 5 weeks later. It is very competitive at the moment and looking at data published on Skillselect it is evident that 70+ pointers only get invited. State sponsored applications are still getting invited with only 65 points but very few.

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removing reference to external site.