Citizenship Application - countries visited question

DivingMissDaisy

Hi all

Working my way through the citizenship application and now at the countries visited question.

I can barely remember what I had for dinner last week, far less dates & countries I have visited since I was 18!!

What can I do? Put in a few and hope for the best or is there a Gov contact point in the UK that can send me exit/entry dates?

Didn’t think this would be so detailed!!

Thanks again

Audrey

I know........

Do your best. Use old passports to get any trips where you got stamps.  Old photos etc.  concentrate on the last 10 years.

What they are looking for are visits to high risk countries or any countries where you have spent a year or more (this can be cumulative) in which case they might ask for police checks for those countries.

Us brits go abroad more often than Aussies that’s for sure.  We would go to France or Spain for a long weekend and go abroad on holiday several times a year.  I did my best and still had some paperwork from previous visa applications (form 80) which also helped.

I had to guess a few but we now have our Aussie passports.

We did what Rammygirl said, old passports, dated photos and social media posts. We gave it a best guess in some cases because we didn’t get any passport stamps for European countries and might not have taken many photos either. Our citizenship has not been granted yet but we couldn’t have done more.
I was careful to add the correct dates for times I lived in the U.K. (and other countries) as i thought they might stand out more than the holidays-plus I definitely know those dates!!

• 1 month later...