Inventory

desreb

Our shippers are coming Thursday, and will (in fact insist) on boxing everything themselves.

One thing my control freakness can’t handle is not being able to photo the contents of each box - we’ll do an inventory of what’s in the house before we go, I guess.

Has anyone else done anything to address this (assuming you don’t box it all yourself!)

Many thanks,

D

They will do a full inventory. It is required anyway. They number each box and list the contents and give you a copy. 

That’s true, but you get a carbon copy sheet with a faded line that says “clothing” per box, rather than something like this:

e6cf9cf2d9edb4d930e6769495d7b88b.jpg

024c9ce491f35a10bfc03bfca3040cd1.jpg

It does depend I asked mine to also say which room.  So my list said ‘clothing from master bed’.  Then it was easy to ask them to put that box in the main bed when they unpacked.

I am a bit of a control freak and dislike chaos so I did make sure I kept a close eye on them without interfering. They took two days to do our 4 bed house so it wasn’t rushed at all - that was the first move.

After 3 international moves and a few local ones I have  it cracked and am more relaxed.