Fuzzy certified copy.

Djwbru

Uploaded requested certified copies of birth certificates after co contact. They are slightly fuzzy from where notary public scanned them. Will that matter or should i get them recertified? You can read them but they aren't perfect. 

Any help appreciated! 

7 hours ago, MaggieMay24 said:

You can upload colour scans without needing them certified, which may improve the quality.

Thanks MaggieMay. CO requested I upload certified copies of birth certificates where I had originally only uploaded colour copies. Not sure why, but anyho...thats what they want. 

Wondered if them being certified was good enough even tho they are slightly fuzzy in a few places? I have read how some people get asked to supply clearer scanned copies. 

Hey Djwbru,

Apologies, I don't know the answer to your question, it seems from everything I've read across forums that CO actions can be subjective so there isn't a always a consistent approach. Having to provide a certified copy of a birth certificate when others haven't had to is a good example in itself. Perhaps it wouldn't hurt to have a clearer copy if you think the CO might take issue.

Could I ask, was your birth certificate issued in the UK and was it a short or long version? I'm trying to work out what I should upload to avoid unnecessary delays.

Cheers!

On 29/11/2018 at 22:23, RFV88 said:

Hey Djwbru,

Apologies, I don't know the answer to your question, it seems from everything I've read across forums that CO actions can be subjective so there isn't a always a consistent approach. Having to provide a certified copy of a birth certificate when others haven't had to is a good example in itself. Perhaps it wouldn't hurt to have a clearer copy if you think the CO might take issue.

Could I ask, was your birth certificate issued in the UK and was it a short or long version? I'm trying to work out what I should upload to avoid unnecessary delays.

Cheers!

Yes, birth certificates are British and all are full versions. From what I've read most people don't get them certified and have no problem. Guess we have just been unlucky! 

Good luck with your application! 

• Thanks 1