Hellos guys, I'm new to this site but I urge some help please. I have applied for a migration assessment with AITSL and my file, as far as I know, had all required documents: bachelor's degree five years, teaching practice certificate 30 days +30 days making 60 in my last year of studies, ietls with the right score and many other letters from uni which I requested to make it clear how uni works here in my country. Also I have sent the syllabus of the the Professional practice since this was a course in the last year. All papers were signed stamped by principals and authorities and all. I even hired a Mara agent to make sure everything was going right. Good money I have spent. 

Now my question is, it's been nearly 3 weeks and AITSL already sent the mail saying my assessment is now complete. I'll be getting the official outcome next week through the lawyer. My big question is how come THEY TOOK SO LITTLE TIME? IS IT A BAD SIGN?? IS IT STH GOOD?? HAS ANYONE HAD THE RESULTS IN SUCH A VERY SHORT TIME?? PLEASE ID LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT UR EXPERIENCE, I'M GOING CRAZY. 

I asked a few people and they told me that aitsl usually get in touch with you when sth is wrong or need more explanation. In my case, they haven't even replied to one mail my lawyer sent about the change of director in my uni. I mean my uni assigned another person to be the new director but she could have verify any information too. So we sent an email and they never reply and now they say the outcome is ready. Please help

1 hour ago, ClaraCM said:

Hellos guys, I'm new to this site but I urge some help please. I have applied for a migration assessment with AITSL and my file, as far as I know, had all required documents: bachelor's degree five years, teaching practice certificate 30 days +30 days making 60 in my last year of studies, ietls with the right score and many other letters from uni which I requested to make it clear how uni works here in my country. Also I have sent the syllabus of the the Professional practice since this was a course in the last year. All papers were signed stamped by principals and authorities and all. I even hired a Mara agent to make sure everything was going right. Good money I have spent. 

Now my question is, it's been nearly 3 weeks and AITSL already sent the mail saying my assessment is now complete. I'll be getting the official outcome next week through the lawyer. My big question is how come THEY TOOK SO LITTLE TIME? IS IT A BAD SIGN?? IS IT STH GOOD?? HAS ANYONE HAD THE RESULTS IN SUCH A VERY SHORT TIME?? PLEASE ID LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT UR EXPERIENCE, I'M GOING CRAZY. 

I asked a few people and they told me that aitsl usually get in touch with you when sth is wrong or need more explanation. In my case, they haven't even replied to one mail my lawyer sent about the change of director in my uni. I mean my uni assigned another person to be the new director but she could have verify any information too. So we sent an email and they never reply and now they say the outcome is ready. Please help

Don’t panic. I remember that this time last year they were being processed really quickly too. I think they just try and clear the backlog before the Christmas break. They would have asked for more evidence if they needed it. Sounds like you did everything right. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey Sarah, thank you so much for replying. There is nothing online about this duration of assessment, not even testimonials. But thanks for replying, I'm feeling a bit relieved now. Will find out tomorrow or Tuesday. My point is also that if Aitsl had seen sth wrong in the application, they would have contacted me I guess, but they haven't and they sent the outcome right away. In the third week!!! I wish they would have at least said sth if the outcome was negative, with plenty of time I would have fixed. 

• Like 1

Did you get your outcome? I sent mine in September and they asked me to send an updated signed payment form (I had printed mine off pre July increase!-oops) from then it took only two weeks before I got a positive outcome. I was fully expecting to have to wait another 8-9 weeks! Hope you got the positive outcome you were hoping for!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CapitalS said:

Did you get your outcome? I sent mine in September and they asked me to send an updated signed payment form (I had printed mine off pre July increase!-oops) from then it took only two weeks before I got a positive outcome. I was fully expecting to have to wait another 8-9 weeks! Hope you got the positive outcome you were hoping for!!

Hellooooo thanks for replying to my post. I was actually very worried because the duration was soooo short. My agent just received the letter yesterday and I got a suitable assessment thanks God. I'm sooo happy and now I believe this is happening. Gotta apply for PR but first need to take the ietls again to get 8 band in all. Have you applied for pr yet?? Please tell ur experience, thanks for following. 

• Like 1

I took the ielts test earlier this year. I have the extra 20 points I needed. Im an English teacher so found it ok. I’m still only at 60 though and even then only with partner skills points so going to try the 190 visa. I’m just waiting for my partner to get his skills assessed and then we will submit an eoi. We still have a long way to go! We will try both ways with me as primary applicant and with him.... 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, CapitalS said:

I took the ielts test earlier this year. I have the extra 20 points I needed. Im an English teacher so found it ok. I’m still only at 60 though and even then only with partner skills points so going to try the 190 visa. I’m just waiting for my partner to get his skills assessed and then we will submit an eoi. We still have a long way to go! We will try both ways with me as primary applicant and with him.... 

HI!!! well yes 60 points is a bit low. I took ietls for assessment and got 8 in all bands expect for writing which was 7.5 so I must take it again. I'm on 60 points now, but if I get ietls with 8 all bands I'll have 70.  So I really have to study hard. Do you have any suggestions for and i in writing?? I'd much appreciate it. Thanks

Keep it simple, don’t go off topic, vary vocabulary and sentence structure. The topics are so bizarre. I think I got some about the influence of fashion since 1960s or something equally ridiculous! A topic I know very little about! I think for English speakers there is a tendency to waffle on so try to keep it precise and organised with a clear beginning, middle and end!! Have you considered trying the pte instead of ielts? My understanding is that in some ways it’s harder but that the marking system is more representative of your handling of the English language. Good luck!!

• 1 month later...

Hey guys! 

I'm just about to book my IELTS English test.  I received my received my skills assessment from AITLS back in November. 

Did you book the general or academic test? I'm planning on sitting it in five weeks - is this enough time to prepare?  I need to get all 8's so I can get the additional 20 points.

Thanks 

Scott 

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 1

Hi Scott

Congrats  on ur suitable assessment, I got mine too late November last year. I'm studying for Ielts so I can get 20 points left and apply for pr. Depending on your background, I could give you some advice. 

5 weeks should be OK, but have u taken it before? What's ur L1? Feel free to message me

All the best 

Clara 

Hi Scott,

ive just replied to your other post. 5 weeks is plenty of time, just research what to expect. A lot of native speakers end up taking more than one test becaiuse they use slang etc or jump to conclusions on reading section. Plenary of videos covering each section on YouTube. This lady was really helpful for the price using Skype. More so in explaining how they award marks.

https://www.ieltstutor.pro/taraneh/

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

I had my first attempt at the IELTS back in February and got L7.5, R8, W.7.5, S9. I was expecting a lower score for the writing so going to sort out a tutor to bring my score up. I didn't find the listening difficult but it felt extremely long and I think I just lost focus towards the end. 

I'm planning on booking my test again in a couple of weeks but just really don't want to waste another £170 so really need to study. 

Also, is there an expiry date on AITSl? My skills assessment was approved back in November 2018 and feel like I keep pushing my IELTS back so haven't submitted my EOI. I'm worried that I will need to pay for another skills assessment.

Thanks for any help.

Scott 

Hiya Scott

I think your skill assessment is valid for 2yrs along with 3yrs for your IELTS.

I did the IELTS twice and missed out on superior English by 0.5 of a point both times.

I called it a do and went down the 190 Visa route rather than a 189.

Which Visa are you going for?

Mark 

Edited by Lavers

Hi Mark,

Yeah I thought it was two years. But I'm assuming that as long as its valid when you submit your EOI then it's ok?

Did you miss out on the writing section? 

With the superior English I will have 65 points (189) and 70 points (190 NSW). From what I've read it seems to be a struggle to get an invite with 65 points so focusing on the 190.

How far along are you in the process?

Scott 

I'm not too sure on that, I think you mite have to have your state nomination approved before anything runs out.

I missed out on SPEAKING Haha 1st time, then writing the 2nd time. Bit shit as I got 8.5 and 9s in everything else.

Yeah I don't think you will get an invite with 65points anymore, if you still struggled with the English you could look at the 489visa which gives you 10points for living regional areas. The points are changing in September so it would be worth you looking at that, it mite help you.

Just waiting on my wifes birth certificate then I have everything to submit for my Visa.

I was so worried about the speaking and it was my highest score! I think I should be ok with the English test, I'll give it one more go.

I've actually just had a look at the point changes and it looks like I'll get an extra 10 points as I don't have a spouse. 

How many points did you have when you applied for the 190? Did it take long to get your invite?

My mind went blank on the speaking and I didnt say enough. Then I watched some practice test and realised that you just need to go overboard with your answers. 

I had 60points then i got 5 with the nomination to give me 65 points.

I took 4 weeks to get an invite from south Australia, think i applied end of Feb then got accepted end of March.

Think everything starts to slow down for visas now but I'm not looking at moving until next summer so no rush.

Hi all, can someone please clarify what do they mean supervised teaching practice? Do they mean the number of days in placement or the times you have been observed? Has anyone had their skills assessed for Early Childhood Teacher with EYTS (Early Years Teachers status)?

Thankz 

Hi all, can someone please clarify what do they mean supervised teaching practice? Do they mean the number of days in placement or the times you have been observed? Has anyone had their skills assessed for Early Childhood Teacher with EYTS (Early Years Teachers status)?

Thankz 

It’s important that you have evidence of the placement, including the number of days and age ranges of the students. A letter from the institution will be ok if not mentioned on your transcripts.

What are your qualifications?

Thank you Scott and Bran for your replies.  I currently hold BA (Hons) Education Studies. I'm planning to complete a fourth year at Uni by taking on a course either standard  PGCE Age 3-7 or Post Graduate CERT in Early Years Practice with EYTS ( Early Years Teachers Status) ages 0-5. I would like to go to Australia as an Early Years Teacher.  Still deciding which course would be best to do. Early Years course is funded by DFE. 

• 4 months later...
On 15/04/2019 at 07:47, Scott_Glasgow said:

Hi Mahr,

The supervised teaching practice is the number of days you spent on placement. I'm not sure about EYTS as my skills assessment was for secondary teaching.

Scott 

Hi Scott,

what letters/documents do we need to submit to aitsl for the skills assessment ?