Contributory Parent visa 143

Debs.uk

Hi there I’m just wondering if anyone has had their contributory Parent 143 visa granted lately if so how long did it take from lodgement to them actually getting in touch to start the second phase i.e medical s police clearance ect? Mine was lodged in 21/4/2016 & I was under the impression it would take around 2 years before it hit looked at but Iv heard nothing & when I look online the estimate time is saying 42/45 months but I don’t know if that’s for applications being lodged now or is mine included in that? It’s driving me mad not being able to find this out, but if anyone has had theirs granted lately it might give me an idea.

2 hours ago, Debs.uk said:

Hi there I’m just wondering if anyone has had their contributory Parent 143 visa granted lately if so how long did it take from lodgement to them actually getting in touch to start the second phase i.e medical s police clearance ect? Mine was lodged in 21/4/2016 & I was under the impression it would take around 2 years before it hit looked at but Iv heard nothing & when I look online the estimate time is saying 42/45 months but I don’t know if that’s for applications being lodged now or is mine included in that? It’s driving me mad not being able to find this out, but if anyone has had theirs granted lately it might give me an idea.

PVC are currently assessing applications to 20 June 2015. You can follow what is happening with the processing on the main parents visa thread where we all give updates to let each other know of any progress. 

• 1 month later...

I am an Indian citizen. My son applied for contributory parents visa for me  in March, 2015. I got the advance intimation to start preparing for documents  in Nov, 2017.

The  call to submit my papers came mid 2019. I received my visa in Jan, 2020.

Hope the time line helps.

4 hours ago, Vijay Shah said:

I am an Indian citizen. My son applied for contributory parents visa for me  in March, 2015. I got the advance intimation to start preparing for documents  in Nov, 2017.

The  call to submit my papers came mid 2019. I received my visa in Jan, 2020.

Hope the time line helps.

Hi, sorry those dates make no sense! Typo?

6 minutes ago, Vijay Shah said:

Yes,  you are right. "mid 2019" should read as "mid 2018", "Jan 2020" should read as "Jan 2019". Rest stays as it is.

Thanks for correcting me.

Congrats on your visa grant! Could you please let me know how much did the whole thing cost you? Thank you.

9 hours ago, Vijay Shah said:

Yes,  you are right. "mid 2019" should read as "mid 2018", "Jan 2020" should read as "Jan 2019". Rest stays as it is.

Thanks for correcting me.

I prefer confirmation, correction sounds rude and that wasn’t my intent! Just makes it clearer for new people reading it as they might think visas can be post dated etc.

Congratulations on your visa! 😀