Remaining Relative Visa - what years are getting processed now?

RichieH

3 hours ago, Dayan said:

Then how can possible   same category some people get visa just 7 years. 

Because they applied when the number of visas were higher.

When I applied there were over 500 visas issued a year. After three years waiting i was asked to do medicals and police checks but then they reduced the visas issued to about 80 a year. It then took another 4 years to get the visa.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Danieldd192 said:

Thanks again for the clear advice dean!

After being released for final processing, is the final paperwork - Medicals and checks - easy to fill out? Or does it help to have a migration agent?

No need for an agent, they are just time consuming and you have to get all the information together before you do them. They are done online.

I just realised I had kept a record of the Remaining Relative visa processing times from 2018.

In March 2018, the website stated it had released applications up to May 2011.

Currently it states it has released applications up to August 2011.

So it looks like they get through up to 3 months worth of applications per year.

Hopefully that means we will definitely be released in the 2019-2020 period, as our queue date is September 2011.

• Thanks 1

On 13/05/2019 at 11:49, ANIKI said:

Hi Daniel, 

Yes, Nov 2011, my friend was surprised when she received the email from the officer too. 

Not sure how your friend’s application got released for final processing already?

The department just confirmed my Aunty’s application, with queue date 6th Sep 2011, will be released for final processing in August-September this year.

Finally there’s an end in sight!

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Clim said:

Hi Dan,

When you said your Aunty with QUEUE DATE 6 SEPT 2011 was just notified, may i know when she was actually notified? 

Thanks for keeping us updated, appreciate that.

Hi Clim

my aunty hasn't actually been formally notified.

We were watching the immigration website and saw they had reached August 2011 for releasing applications.

So we contacted our agent to check on progress, as he is authorised contact. 

He emailed the department, and surprisingly they replied within 24 hours and said that 'it is expected that sometime in August or September this year that the application will be released from the queue for final processing.'

They operate over a June to July timeframe, so I'm hoping we get notified in August.

Hope this helps

On 28/05/2019 at 18:51, Danieldd192 said:

Hi Clim

my aunty hasn't actually been formally notified.

We were watching the immigration website and saw they had reached August 2011 for releasing applications.

So we contacted our agent to check on progress, as he is authorised contact. 

He emailed the department, and surprisingly they replied within 24 hours and said that 'it is expected that sometime in August or September this year that the application will be released from the queue for final processing.'

They operate over a June to July timeframe, so I'm hoping we get notified in August.

Hope this helps

Now that make sense.. I originally thought she was already notified. I'm still about 1.5 years apart from your Aunt!! I'm so hoping the Immigration clear all the remaining ASAP..

Thanks for the info..

Cheers,

CL

1 hour ago, Clim said:

Now that make sense.. I originally thought she was already notified. I'm still about 1.5 years apart from your Aunt!! I'm so hoping the Immigration clear all the remaining ASAP..

They won't.  The queue is not regarded by Immigration as a backlog that needs to be cleared, so they will not allocate more staff or make extra effort to speed things up.  

Your only hope is that people ahead of you will start giving up and dropping out of the queue.

6 hours ago, Marisawright said:

They won't.  The queue is not regarded by Immigration as a backlog that needs to be cleared, so they will not allocate more staff or make extra effort to speed things up.  

Your only hope is that people ahead of you will start giving up and dropping out of the queue.

Agreed.

Its not a priority visa, and to be honest I can't even see why it still exists. Like parent visas its not one that really benefit the country - which is why the UK doesn't have visas like this. 

15 hours ago, Nemesis said:

Agreed.

Its not a priority visa, and to be honest I can't even see why it still exists. Like parent visas its not one that really benefit the country - which is why the UK doesn't have visas like this. 

Agreed not a priority visa but not a benefit to the country, I don’t agree with that. I have this visa, will be arriving next month, hoping to have interviews for jobs lined up for when I arrive and will work my little socks off when I arrive. It is nothing to do with the visa that benefits the country, it is the motivation of the individual that benefits the country. Plenty of people arrive on working visas and return home after a year or two, that does not benefit the country.

1 hour ago, deanblb said:

Agreed not a priority visa but not a benefit to the country, I don’t agree with that. I have this visa, will be arriving next month, hoping to have interviews for jobs lined up for when I arrive and will work my little socks off when I arrive. It is nothing to do with the visa that benefits the country, it is the motivation of the individual that benefits the country. Plenty of people arrive on working visas and return home after a year or two, that does not benefit the country.

Agree with you Dean.

People on this visa are working hard. paying taxes and dont get the benefit of centrelink. On top of that, we need to keep  medicare updated, applying bridging visa B anytime you get out of the country and y remain bounded with all these circumstances for a minimum 10 years time. 

Also when i mentioned about clearing up it meant to talk about government increasing the yearly migration program level for this remaining relative visa, which they only allocate 500-600/year.. Why dont they give a relaxation and cut some other categories like partner/independent skill by 5000 and allocate it to remaining relative to reduce the gap of processing. Those categories has around 100k placement available every year..

Anyway just me bitching about this inconsiderate government.. I think waiting period over 5 years with limited condition are pretty harsh.. Mind you, you also can't get married with people who has immediate family overseas.. So we might wait for this visa and die lonely..

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/05/2019 at 17:08, deanblb said:

Hi Dayan

i think you may have at least another 10 to 12 years to wait, but things may change as people in the queue before you may drop out or less likely they may increase the visa numbers. 

Hi, 

last week  I contect to Australia embassy in srilanka.i asked any update in my visa processing.they said your a application  already send to Australia (Perth) if you have a any inquire please contact to perth immigration.please let me know why they send to Australia.if you have a any ideas please share with me.

On 25/06/2019 at 11:19, Dayan said:

Hi, 

last week  I contect to Australia embassy in srilanka.i asked any update in my visa processing.they said your a application  already send to Australia (Perth) if you have a any inquire please contact to perth immigration.please let me know why they send to Australia.if you have a any ideas please share with me.

Hi Dayan

It just means any Remaining Relative applications lodged overseas are being transferred to the Perth Processing Office for ongoing processing & finalisation. It doesn’t change the wait time.

It’s actually better that they are handled in Australia from now on, as the overseas embassy’s can be difficult to contact.

Their email is: perthcofs@homeaffairs.gov.au

Hope it helps

• 1 month later...
On 02/05/2019 at 17:08, deanblb said:

Hi Dayan

i think you may have at least another 10 to 12 years to wait, but things may change as people in the queue before you may drop out or less likely they may increase the visa numbers. 

53 minutes ago, Dayan said:

Hi, i got married Now.what happen going to my visa process.

Does your partner have close relatives that live outside Australia?   The home affairs website says that they will not grant a visa if you or your partner has a near relative who usually live outside Australia.  You may need to get some professional advice.

• Like 1