Remaining Relative Visa - what years are getting processed now?

RichieH

Hi all,

What year of applicants are getting their Remaining Relative Visas at the moment?

I applied in January 2010 and got my queueing date 20/05/13. I have no idea whether they're close to processing that year of applications (or queueing dates?) or not. if not, I should pursue the spousal visa route after getting married last year. Spousal visa is more expensive, but has a clearer timeline.

I'm not a carer, not under 18 and not over 65. 

1 hour ago, RichieH said:

Hi all,

What year of applicants are getting their Remaining Relative Visas at the moment?

I applied in January 2010 and got my queueing date 20/05/13. I have no idea whether they're close to processing that year of applications (or queueing dates?) or not. if not, I should pursue the spousal visa route after getting married last year. Spousal visa is more expensive, but has a clearer timeline.

I thought the processing time for the Remaining Relative was still 40-50 years? If so, a spouse visa is at least 40 years faster!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RichieH said:

Hi all,

You need to make sure that your marriage hasn't compromised your eligibility for the Remaining Relative Visas. Satisfying the definition of "remaining relative" is a time of application and time of decision criteria.

On 21/11/2018 at 22:45, Nemesis said:

I thought the processing time for the Remaining Relative was still 40-50 years? If so, a spouse visa is at least 40 years faster!

That's if you apply today. I got my application in 7 years ago so I'm a lot further ahead in the queue. It wasn't a long queue back then, but they've since shrunk the number that they give out each year, which has pushed the processing dates massively into the future

On 22/11/2018 at 07:06, Raul Senise said:

You need to make sure that your marriage hasn't compromised your eligibility for the Remaining Relative Visas. Satisfying the definition of "remaining relative" is a time of application and time of decision criteria.

All fully satisfied. 👍

On 22/11/2018 at 00:53, Tulip1 said:

Does your spouse live in Oz then? Just being married doesn’t get you a visa. If your spouse is in the uk surely you wouldn’t qualify for last remaining visa?  I’m sure queue for that visa runs into decades 

I live in Aus with my Australian wife. I'm on a bridging visa, which only has a few limitations, but enough limitations to make life a little more annoying. The queue is only decades if you apply now I applied 7 years ago. I've heard rumours they're currently processing applications that were lodged 8 years ago, but I want to hear it from someone in the know

3 hours ago, RichieH said:

I live in Aus with my Australian wife. I'm on a bridging visa, which only has a few limitations, but enough limitations to make life a little more annoying. The queue is only decades if you apply now I applied 7 years ago. I've heard rumours they're currently processing applications that were lodged 8 years ago, but I want to hear it from someone in the know

An agent replied to you further up the thread, I'm sure if anyone will know, he will.

5 hours ago, RichieH said:

The current que is 56 years. Personally. 

• 2 months later...
On 27/11/2018 at 23:59, deanblb said:

Hi

My queue date for last remaining relative visa was 9 May 2011. I received the visa on the 9 May 2018, 7 years to the day, now preparing to move to Australia next year.

Hi Deanbib..

Just want to confirm,

You queue date was 9 May 2011 and received your Permanent Residence Visa on 9 May 2018?

Thanks Heaps

On 21/11/2018 at 21:27, RichieH said:

Hi all,

Hi Richie,

It's a pity that Government doesn't have much information on this. It pisses me off as well,! We might pass away before we even get this visa!

I spent a lot of effort to get information on this and i hope the info below and the fact given above can help you and other people who are in the same boat.

My queue date is 2 Jan 2013  - i estimated mine to take another 3 years before i get it. it should take another 4-5 years to get your Visa. I would wait and save that $20k.. and go party when you receive your PR.

You can do math with the information below (As of May 2018), and the number of migration planning year 2019-2020 (should be around 500-600 spaces allocated)

The number of Carer Visa applications being placed in the queue from 19 June 2016 to date;
= 402 Applications

The number of Remaining Relative and Aged Dependent Visa applications being placed in the
queue from 31 May 2011 to 2 January 2013;
= 1636 Applications

Thanks to DeanBib as i can now validate the accuracy of my information :) 

13 hours ago, Clim said:

Hi Deanbib..

Just want to confirm,

You queue date was 9 May 2011 and received your Permanent Residence Visa on 9 May 2018?

Thanks Heaps

Hi Clim

That is correct. PR granted May 2018, visa now validated and moving to Australia in July. Keep a watch on the government website as the dates do change when you are least expecting it. Also, it is likely that a number of the 1636 applicants will fall out due to changes in their circumstances or they don’t actually meet the criteria, which could reduce the waiting time. 

Good luck and I hope it comes sooner than you expect. 

On 27/02/2019 at 00:52, deanblb said:

Hi Clim

That is correct. PR granted May 2018, visa now validated and moving to Australia in July. Keep a watch on the government website as the dates do change when you are least expecting it. Also, it is likely that a number of the 1636 applicants will fall out due to changes in their circumstances or they don’t actually meet the criteria, which could reduce the waiting time. 

Good luck and I hope it comes sooner than you expect. 

Yeah, you are totally correct. My estimate is being the longest time i have to wait. I hope many others do not meet the criteria or have their circumstances changed! 

Thanks for the wishes :) and happy for you  :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/03/2019 at 22:34, Phillay said:

Hi, given the update on remaining relative visa, my queue date is 27 August 2012. Based on your maths what would the estimate be? I am thinking about 4 more years?

Hi Phillay,

Yours will be granted earlier than mine. I estimated roughly about 3 years - could be earlier. *Given the Migration Programme for yearly quota allocation stay constant for the next 3 years.

Can you please do me/us a favor to let us know when you finally receive yours in the future? it seems you will be the first person in this thread to get it :)

Thank you,

Clim

• 1 month later...

Hi 

my aunty has a Queue date of 6th September 2011

I saw that at November 2018, they've released visas for processing with queue dates up to 2 August 2011

Anybody have an idea on the following:

- how many released per year for remaining relative visa?

- does the releasing period run over a calendar year or another timeframe?

- what were the released queue dates for last couple of years? e.g. November 2017 had they released visas up to July 2011? give me an idea if they'll reach visa with queue dates up 6th September 2011 this year or next

thanks

Hi Danieldd192

From my experience they seem to update once a year usually in November/December and the date moves forward between one or two months. It seems only 70 to 80 are released from the queue each year. It is very likely to me that your aunt will be released from the queue next year. Keep an eye on the immi site in November and wait for the date to be updated. Once the processing queue date passes your aunts queue date talk to her migration agent and get them to chase her case officer. You should get confirmation in January or February next year. If she has not heard anything by June 2020, it will mean waiting to the following year. They work on a July to June year not on calendar years. 

Good luck

Thanks deanblb

appreciate the information, I wish the immigration website was just as useful.

Do you know what the process is, once a visa is released for final processing? Is it a fairly quick process to granting the visa once released? if not, what are the final hurdles?

You mentioned that we have to monitor when the processing queue date passes my aunts queue date and having to chase a case officer. Won't we automatically be contacted?

thanks again 

7 hours ago, Danieldd192 said:

Thanks deanblb

appreciate the information, I wish the immigration website was just as useful.

Do you know what the process is, once a visa is released for final processing? Is it a fairly quick process to granting the visa once released? if not, what are the final hurdles?

You mentioned that we have to monitor when the processing queue date passes my aunts queue date and having to chase a case officer. Won't we automatically be contacted?

thanks again 

Hi

we were notified late January 2018, had medicals and police checks early March and visa was approved early May. So it was just over four months from being notified.

You should automatically be contacted once the queue date has passed. However, I don’t think it hurts to be proactive. I noticed that our queue date had been passed in November 2017 and by late December I had not heard anything so started chasing. It lets the case officer know that you still want to go to Australia.

Good luck