Applying for citizenship & right of return visa

betterskierthanthewife

Any help and guidance is much appreciated:

Have been in Melbourne for nearly four years and will be applying for citizenship as soon as we are eligible which is in January 19.  Our permanent residence visas were issued in March 14 so from March 19 onwards we would need right to return visas to allow us to travel outside Australia and return again. 

My question is:  Does applying for a RRV affect the citizenship application at all? i.e. delay the application etc  Given the potential time until we eventually get an Aussie passport we will almost certainly be getting RRVs but only if it doesn't adversely impact the citizenship application.

Thanks

1 hour ago, betterskierthanthewife said:

Any help and guidance is much appreciated:

Have been in Melbourne for nearly four years and will be applying for citizenship as soon as we are eligible which is in January 19.  Our permanent residence visas were issued in March 14 so from March 19 onwards we would need right to return visas to allow us to travel outside Australia and return again. 

My question is:  Does applying for a RRV affect the citizenship application at all? i.e. delay the application etc  Given the potential time until we eventually get an Aussie passport we will almost certainly be getting RRVs but only if it doesn't adversely impact the citizenship application.

Thanks

Applying for a Resident Return Visa has absolutely no bearing on a citizenship application. 

• Like 1