Nomination refused on financial grounds

NinaMKD

Hi guys,

This is a bit of a strange situation for us...my husband is a 457 holder since October 2016, and just got eligible for 186 TRT, but we are still collecting money and about to give PTE in December.

In meantime, the company, 4-5 months ago, decided to sponsor another guy (different position than my husband's) on a 482 visa. Yesterday they got the refusal letter, stating The company does not have sufficient finances to sponsor another employee (the turnover is around $400k, I don't know if that's low, and they are total of 4 employees, lost 1 just 2 months ago) . They are planning on appealing this decision, as this guy is a close friend of theirs and they want to have him as an employee.

Now they are asking my husband to hurry up with the TRT application (which we will, of course), but we are in a limbo....what will this refusal mean to us, as we gonna have to be nominated for PR from the same company that got refused on financial grounds? Are we OK, as my husband is working for them for more than 2 years now and is still the only sponsored employee, or his position can be refused as well? 

Someone gave me the advice to send letters from the accountant and the CEO together with the application, stating that the Company will be able to provide work and finances for my husband in the next 2 years, adding any on-going or future contracts with the clients. Has anyone done this, will it help? I mean, we'll do it anyway, won't cost a thing, but everything else will....

We are a blood donor and an aged care volunteer and we contribute so much to this country...it would be so unfair if they'd refuse our application based on previous events, but the past 2 years showed me that nothing is fair when it comes to immigration..

Any advice will be highly appreciated and helpful, thanks folks!

Edited by NinaMKD

2 hours ago, NinaMKD said:

Hi guys,

This is a bit of a strange situation for us...my husband is a 457 holder since October 2016, and just got eligible for 186 TRT, but we are still collecting money and about to give PTE in December.

In meantime, the company, 4-5 months ago, decided to sponsor another guy (different position than my husband's) on a 482 visa. Yesterday they got the refusal letter, stating The company does not have sufficient finances to sponsor another employee (the turnover is around $400k, I don't know if that's low, and they are total of 4 employees, lost 1 just 2 months ago) . They are planning on appealing this decision, as this guy is a close friend of theirs and they want to have him as an employee.

Now they are asking my husband to hurry up with the TRT application (which we will, of course), but we are in a limbo....what will this refusal mean to us, as we gonna have to be nominated for PR from the same company that got refused on financial grounds? Are we OK, as my husband is working for them for more than 2 years now and is still the only sponsored employee, or his position can be refused as well? 

Someone gave me the advice to send letters from the accountant and the CEO together with the application, stating that the Company will be able to provide work and finances for my husband in the next 2 years, adding any on-going or future contracts with the clients. Has anyone done this, will it help? I mean, we'll do it anyway, won't cost a thing, but everything else will....

We are a blood donor and an aged care volunteer and we contribute so much to this country...it would be so unfair if they'd refuse our application based on previous events, but the past 2 years showed me that nothing is fair when it comes to immigration..

Strong documentation will need to be provided with your nomination application to proved that the business is in a financial position to be able to pay your husbands salary for at least  2 years.

Factors such as blood donation and volunteer work will not be considered as part of the application.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 21/11/2018 at 08:57, NinaMKD said:

Hi guys,

Hello,

May I know your application status? As I am also in the same situation. Your response will be appreciated. Thanks 

In my opinion, if that guy went for AAT, it might affect yours, if that guy just gave up his application, you should be all good for your trt application, it's very dangerous to sponsor 2 people at the same time for 400,000 turnover even they are not the same position.