Cash or Card

Cash or Card  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Do you carry cash or card around

• Only a card ie visa, MasterCard, debit, credit
    • Only cash
    • A card and a few notes
    • A card and loose change

Is it just me but I never carry cash anymore. I pay for everything by my debit card. What does upset me with this is a lot of the charity stalls are usually in the shopping malls and I never have any cash to put in their tin. I feel so tight saying no sorry.

I need to remember to always carry a float or something in my bag for occasions like this.

• Like 1

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Never had plastic money; never will!

Waiting at a checkout at Coles one day and the lady in front had 8 credit cards, not one worked and she had to wait for hubby to come and pay on one of his cards. 

Cheers, Bobj.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I also never carry cash.  Have a card and my phone.  Looking forwward to the day when cash ceases to exist but wonder if it will happen in my lifetime.

• Like 1

Timeline: 309/100 Sent 7/8/13, Money Taken 9/8/13, CO appointed 3/9/13. Med 3/12/13. Police check 4/12/13. VISA GRANTED 8/4/14, Subclass100. Recce August 2014. Arrived 30 July 2015.

I don’t carry cash, and can’t wait till my bank enables a cost free option so that I can use my phone instead of cards.

• Like 1

Pay cash for everything, except phone/wifi bill, and that’s only because Virgin closed all their offices

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bobj said:

Aussie money is plastic😉

The only time I need cash is for Bunnings Sausage Sizzle and the Banh Mi shop round the corner.

@The Pom QueenIn terms of charity, the Cancer Research charity shops back in London had contactless donation set up in their window - tap and they took 2 quid.

news-article5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Aussie money is plastic
The only time I need cash is for Bunnings Sausage Sizzle and the Banh Mi shop round the corner.

[mention=215371]The Pom Queen[/mention]In terms of charity, the Cancer Research charity shops back in London had contactless donation set up in their window - tap and they took 2 quid.
news-article5.jpg&key=ef0a26f30dffd05a0c0d1a17e703b2000fdeed2d64cc2807ad9b8eef2a3c71d7

CRUK is just brilliant when it comes to innovation. When did they enable that, it wasn’t there in 2016 (at least where I lived)?
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, ssiri said:

CRUK is just brilliant when it comes to innovation. When did they enable that, it wasn’t there in 2016 (at least where I lived)?

Bottom end of Upper St in Islington and Lewisham had them when I left in Oct 2017.  I guess they must have had them for at least a year..

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Bobj said:

Waiting at a checkout at Coles one day and the lady in front had 8 credit cards, not one worked and she had to wait for hubby to come and pay on one of his cards. 

Cheers, Bobj.

Always pay my bills on time and in full.

Visa gives you a lot of protection.

• Like 1

What about Applepay ?

That’s what I’m waiting for my bank to link to. Not before time I tell ya!

16 hours ago, Bobj said:

Cheers, Bobj.

Lol I don’t think even I could top 8 

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

14 hours ago, Bulya said:

Please add 5th choice, card, notes and coins

Oops 😬 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ssiri said:

I think the Big Issue is now taking card but that’s about it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Parley said:

What about Applepay ?

Forgot that as well. 

On 20/11/2018 at 22:16, ssiri said:

I don’t carry cash, and can’t wait till my bank enables a cost free option so that I can use my phone instead of cards.

you aint charged for paying with your phone?

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

you aint charged for paying with your phone?

I don’t pay with mi phone at the moment (Applepay), as my bank isn’t technically set up for it. They have some app that needs to be paid for which is shonky

Haven't carried cash since about 2011. Just have my bank card in my phone case, don't need anything else.