457 defacto

sarahlouise06

Hi! 

I applied for defacto 457 as a secondary applicant on my boyfriend’s visa. The application was processing for a year and before it was granted I withdrew it due to the breakdown of our relationship.

I’ve since left and am now a student and have met an Australian — we are in a relationship. Is it possible for me to apply for the partner visa in 2 years time? This is when my student visa ends. 

I understand I’ve never applied for a partner visa before, so this should be okay.

20 minutes ago, sarahlouise06 said:

Hi! 

I applied for defacto 457 as a secondary applicant on my boyfriend’s visa. The application was processing for a year and before it was granted I withdrew it due to the breakdown of our relationship.

I’ve since left and am now a student and have met an Australian — we are in a relationship. Is it possible for me to apply for the partner visa in 2 years time? This is when my student visa ends. 

I understand I’ve never applied for a partner visa before, so this should be okay.

Yes, you'll be fine to apply as long as you meet all the de facto/marriage requirements. Make sure the application goes in before the student visa expires