Health assessed- Wait for further advice from the department

Noop

No.. My little one was asked for development assessment as she has some milestone delay

Since then this is the status

Does that mean that BUPA has already shared their opinion to the department and the case officer will now revert ?

17 hours ago, Noop said:

Health examination for this person has been assessed but further action may be required.The case officer will contact the person with further information.

What does this status mean?

This is showing since last 1 month

It usually means that the results have been referred for further assessment.

Hi raul

Thanks for your reply

However before the above status it was like this

The health examinations has been completed and submitted by the panel clinic to the department. The person's case will be processed or referred to the department's migration medical services provider, BUPA medical Visa services, for further assessment.

After few days it changed to 

Health examination results for this person have been assessed but further action may be required.The case officer will contact the person with further information.This will not occur until a a case officer investigates the case in line with published processing times for the visa that has been applied for. Do not contact the department about the health examinations in the meantime.

What I understand is that the hospital here in INdia has put in their comments along with the reports and then BUPA in Australia has shared their point of view on the same.

Now the Case officer has to make the decision.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Many thanks in advance.0

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i think the case officer is a medical commonwealth officer .. not a case officer for the visa

what is happen after that is there any news .. my child has the same situation .. he has speak disorder and we did further assessment from pediatrician physician about cognitive growth ..now we sent the report and also changed to the same sentence.. i think more tests will required or the case officer will finalise the case

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I received the same message for my 15 months old kid. He is 15 months old(Late Preterm), with few delayed milestones(like independently walking, self feeding etc). The Medical board sent us to Pediatrician, who advised unknown medical condition(Nothing related to ASD, maybe Syndromal but needing Genetic testing to confirm), but suggested he is improving and needs Physiotherapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy for now. After we submitted Pediatrician report, above status was updated.

I am not sure if in the event of Unknown medical condition, especially for Kids less then 2 years of age, does Case Officer/MOC ever asks for Genetic testing?

My Visa application was submitted on 17 OCT 2018 under 261311 code. The message is appearing on application just for kid's medical alone and rest all are clear. I think and hope in my case, CO will go by the rules governing Unknown medical conditions especially for kids less then 2 years, and ask me to sign form 815. In worst case scenario, calculate the Significant cost on the basis of current assessment and take a medical decision on that basis(VIA MOC ). My understanding is BUPA will never send to MOC directly, and it's CO who will check the rules and then take a call after referring to MOC if needed. Also Decisions on such cases are taken after taking "NOTES OF GUIDANCE" into consideration I:E what are the economic contribution of main applicant or family unit. Based on Total EXP,  how much contribution will the individual make as income tax. 

I hope by ending Jan-2019 I shall get a clarity on this.    

what is the current status of medical for your kid?

Wait for further advice for department ?

I have also heard the same that they may ask for additional tests. We lodged on 8th Oct 2018 and waiting for any update since then

They can ask for any tests, it is not age limited, else if there are any tests that have age specific limitation they wll wait until the child reaches that age..

Yes, My Kids status is "Wait for further advice for department". Our Panel clinic Doctor himself advised that generally they don't ask for genetic testing for child less then 3 or 4 years(Unless strongly suspected), as infants do have tendency catch up over time until some age. Lets see how it goes from here.

Okk.. may be we get through. Fingers crossed.

Are you from India ?

It is really a long waiting game.. We are waiting since 8th Oct and there is no update yet

What I heard is there evaluate the cost to the medical and social services specially support services in school. The threshold is 40K AUD for next 5 years.

The threshold limit is so less that usually applicants fail to pass

Yes. I am from India, and currently applying as offshore applicant. 4 months is not a long wait(considering 8 to 11 months processing timelines). Our applications will get attention by ending Jan-2019 for sure(your's first). The first thing which will happen on our application is medical advice(if needed from MOC). The current status will not change before CO attends application. Yes, Significant cost includes various factors, and depending on how frequent service is needed, what all services are needed, as these will effect cost.   

• 5 months later...

On 12/12/2018 at 22:18, semsema said:

Yes he has general answer and said if autism it will rejected ..but in my case it is learning disability in addition speech delay..he is grade 1 I do not know what will happen..we have to wait ..good luck

Hello @semsema how much did they charge? so if a child is autistic they are clear that it would be rejected and hence they straight forwardly that it would be rejected?