Best places to live on the Gold Coast

DeeTowers

We are originally for the UK and after over 7 years of living in Sydney we are looking to move up to the Gold Coast and was looking for feedback/recommendations of best places to live.

We are a married couple in our 40's, no kids, love being outside and eating and drinking out too. We have a 2 bed townhouse on the harbour in Sydney's Inner West and are looking to cash in, up size to a pad with 3/4 beds, modern, pool etc.... 

Have been looking at properties online in Broadbeach Waters, Mermaid Waters and just wondered what the areas are like or if there are other we should be looking at.

We are spoilt with the Sydney ferries, pubs, bars, restaurants on our doorstep and we love walking out and about in our neighborhood along the foreshore, bur we have been to the gold coast many times and have always said we would like to swap city living for beach living.

With the money in our current house and being able to do our jobs from anywhere we though early next year was the time to change. Would love to hear stories/recommendations good or bad!

Thanks 🙂

hi there, i have a house on the Panorama which is beautiful and over looks the coast, i also have a unit on the esplanade at Burleigh heads, i'm torn between both, both places are amazing. burleigh waters will be great once the tram is in, Broadbeach waters again is a great spot.  i prefer Burleigh because its a little less tourist driven and a beautiful town to go to. sorry cant be more help, but its all great and every year i have to go back to the UK on business, and i just cant wait to get back.

if you want to buy and move in two years, look at Palm Beach, the tram will be there by then and i believe it will be the next hot place in say two years, but keep burleigh end, just in case the airport gets busier. thats where i'm looking.

happy hunting.

richard