Flying my dog from Perth to London

SharonCheryl

We flew our cats back from Sydney to Scotland, rather than a dog, but used a company called Dogtainers who were really great and organised the whole thing. The cats were picked up on the morning we flew and boarded overnight at the Dogtainers facility, where they were vet checked and certified as fit to fly (they had to be with Dogtainers for 24 hours prior to their flight). The following day they were put on a flight to Dubai which landed in Dubai early hours of the morning (so not too hot), and put in a run and given another check over and water/food. They were then boarded on their second flight to Glasgow, collected by a UK representative and all paperwork done, and then delivered to our rental house, slightly crumpled, smelly and jet-lagged from the journey, but otherwise fine. Dogtainers kept in touch with us throughout, and sent photos from Dubai to reassure us that things were okay. Quite a few people here have used Dogtainers, or one of the other pet shipping companies, and I don't think I've seen any bad stories about any of them at all.

As Pom Queen mentions, we use Dogtainers to fly our very nervous chihuahua who also has some medical issues. He arrived hungry - it had been decided he couldn't be fed due to his medical issues. He was jet lagged, but apart from that, fine. He flew Emirates via Dubai and landed at Heathrow where we collected him a few hours after landing. Dogtainers were great and even sent us pictures of him. 

• 2 weeks later...

We are wanting to take our wee dog who can get a bit anxious(me too regarding this) from Brisbane to UK. We would like to be on the same flight. Thinking of flying domestic with him from Brisbane to Perth, stay there a few days to break up the trip then do the direct Perth-Heathrow. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Joy