Waiting 190 invitation for ages

Spring onion

Hi there,

I am really frustated at the moment. I have lodged an EOI for 190 (VIC) in June 2018 with 70 points but haven't got an invitation yet. I am a registered nurse currently working 74 hours a week.

My 485 visa will expire next week therefore I am going to lodge a student visa just to buy time.

Two weeks ago I submitted an application through liveinmelbourne.com without getting an invitation first. I called them and they told me it might take 12 weeks.

I am just wondering if there is a major delay in Victoria regarding 190 invitation due to the new rule on 10 September 2018. Anybody in Victoria got an invitation between September and November?

On 16/11/2018 at 07:51, Raul Senise said:

All States are being difficult with 190 invites due to the many applicants who came before you who ignored their obligation to live in the sponsoring State. 

You may want to explore the 489 option, as you may have more chance of being issued an invite.

But I think I should have lodged my application to liveinmelbourne.com earlier rather than just submitting an EoI

1 hour ago, Gwatson said:

We lodged EOI 190 for South Australia 13 weeks ago (end of august). Their website says processing time is 10 weeks. If it was a definite no, would we know by now?! And if the occupation is full, are there ever an extra invitations sent out? Please help!

Do you have to lodge an application to SA website too? It has been 20 weeks for me since I lodge an EOI but I only knew that I needed to notify victoria via liveinmelbourne.com 2 weeks ago