You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

unzippy

The state of Aussie politics..

I know this has been done to death but this is a new low for me.  There are elections coming up in Vic and we get various leaflets through the door advertising the different parties and why we should vote for them. 

This is the first we've had slagging off another party without even saying who I should vote for!

Do you think they are desperate?

Y94xv9L.jpg

Australia is cursed with appalling politicians and the Greens aren't much better.  I voted for them a couple of times but not anymore.  Pushing those stickers into letter boxes is typical of the attitude here.  Always sniping at each other but none of them seem to grasp that most of us voters are sick to death with the lot of them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Toots said:

Australia is cursed with appalling politicians and the Greens aren't much better.  I voted for them a couple of times but not anymore.  Pushing those stickers into letter boxes is typical of the attitude here.  Always sniping at each other but none of them seem to grasp that most of us voters are sick to death with the lot of them.

I’m not.  But then I spent 3 1/2 years at Parliament House, which gave me a different view on political life  

On 14/11/2018 at 23:36, Toots said:

I have watched them in live parliament and they make the UK politicians look like angels, what a bunch of corrupt thick politicians you have over there, the UK is bad but Oz is miles worse when it comes to idiot politicians who do not have a clue.

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

5 hours ago, Perthbum said:

I have watched them in live parliament and they make the UK politicians look like angels, what a bunch of corrupt thick politicians you have over there, the UK is bad but Oz is miles worse when it comes to idiot politicians who do not have a clue.

I don't really think they are corrupt or particularly thick   ......................  just useless.