The state of Aussie politics..

unzippy

I know this has been done to death but this is a new low for me.  There are elections coming up in Vic and we get various leaflets through the door advertising the different parties and why we should vote for them. 

This is the first we've had slagging off another party without even saying who I should vote for!

Do you think they are desperate?

Y94xv9L.jpg

Australia is cursed with appalling politicians and the Greens aren't much better.  I voted for them a couple of times but not anymore.  Pushing those stickers into letter boxes is typical of the attitude here.  Always sniping at each other but none of them seem to grasp that most of us voters are sick to death with the lot of them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Toots said:

Australia is cursed with appalling politicians and the Greens aren't much better.  I voted for them a couple of times but not anymore.  Pushing those stickers into letter boxes is typical of the attitude here.  Always sniping at each other but none of them seem to grasp that most of us voters are sick to death with the lot of them.

I’m not.  But then I spent 3 1/2 years at Parliament House, which gave me a different view on political life  

On 14/11/2018 at 23:36, Toots said:

I have watched them in live parliament and they make the UK politicians look like angels, what a bunch of corrupt thick politicians you have over there, the UK is bad but Oz is miles worse when it comes to idiot politicians who do not have a clue.

5 hours ago, Perthbum said:

I have watched them in live parliament and they make the UK politicians look like angels, what a bunch of corrupt thick politicians you have over there, the UK is bad but Oz is miles worse when it comes to idiot politicians who do not have a clue.

I don't really think they are corrupt or particularly thick   ......................  just useless.

• 1 month later...

Another MP using a tax-funded trip as a sex holiday. After being 'found' on Tinder earlier this year. Another of the charlatans who extolled 'normal' family values to put down the same-sex marriage bill. Idiot. And his party knew all along.

Terrible year for Aussie politics. Another overthrown PM, rampant sexism & slut-shaming in Parliament, MPs bullying other MPs.

They're a disgrace. And (never thought I'd say this) on even more of a gravy train than their UK equivalents. I really begrudge paying tax here, may as well flush it down the toilet.

Edited by s713
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, s713 said:

Another MP using a tax-funded trip as a sex holiday. After being 'found' on Tinder earlier this year. Another of the charlatans who extolled 'normal' family values to put down the same-sex marriage bill. Idiot. And his party knew all along.

Terrible year for Aussie politics. Another overthrown PM, rampant sexism & slut-shaming in Parliament, MPs bullying other MPs.

They're a disgrace. And (never thought I'd say this) on even more of a gravy train than their UK equivalents. I really begrudge paying tax here, may as well flush it down the toilet.

.................  and he was full of negativity about that other tosser Barnaby Joyce.  Oh the hypocrisy.  Bunch of idiots the lot of them.

44 minutes ago, Toots said:

.................  and he was full of negativity about that other tosser Barnaby Joyce.  Oh the hypocrisy.  Bunch of idiots the lot of them.

Another God Squadder too wasn't he. I think the politics and money are the least of his problems. He has his wife and family to answer to and that will put things into perspective for him.

What possesses so called intelligent people to use apps on their phone? It's a sure way to get found out.