M25 UK Scuba Tank Valves

Hi All

I know this is a long shot but has anyone brought their scuba tanks with them to Oz, given up trying to get them tested and have them gathering dust in the garage??

If so, I'd love to get my hands on one of your valves before you sell it for scrap!

I brought a few of my Fabers with me and it was a huge PITA to get then hydro'd but finally managed it. However, now I need a DIN valve with the M25 European thread (NOT the Aussie/US standard 3/4") to replace a K (yoke type) valve.

I know it won't have a burst disk but I can work round that. 😉

• 2 years later...

Hey mate I’m obviously extremely late replying to you now but I’ve just stumbled upon the same hurdle as you with my uk tanks over here in aus. Would you mind sharing some info on how you went about getting them tested please? 
ive 2 new and in used faber tanks that are now effectively $1000 worth of scrap that I’ll be lucky to get $50 for. 
thank you for your time. 

Hi there,

Long story short, don't bother trying to go through official channels to get them certified. No-one is interested in helping!

What I did was find a tester who understood that the whole UK vs Aus standards for identical tanks is bs and was prepared to hydro them.

One they have been tested in Aus they are in the system, so to speak, and you won't face any more problems on your yearly(!) visit to the testing station.

Unless you strike it lucky, try and find a tester who is independent of dive shops. If you try to talk to anyone in PADI world you will either get a blank look or a flat no.

Where are you? I am in Sydney and might be able to point you in the right direction if my guy is still in the business.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry - What I should have said is don't bother trying to get Australian Standards to amend their ruling on accepting EU standards for pressure vessels.

Obviously you will need to get a certified tester to hydro the tanks...just one that is prepared to apply common sense!