VISA 3 year ban

Sole

Hi, I have a 3 years ban due to I had to get all paper work sorted for my mother funeral. Immigration gave me 28 days to do all that paper works then I left Australia as immigration said. The day after I left I applied for a Prospective Marriage Visa as my partner and I we want to be married in March 2019, all paper work already submitted to immigration, joint bank account, contract to rent our property in Australia, all the forms needed are submitted correctly.

My partner is pregnant and I would love to be there while I’m waiting for my Visa and possibly when she will give a birth to our baby. Now I’m waiting since August 2018 and have had not any correspondence from immigration yet.

My main question is; is there any chance I can apply for any other visas and re-entry Australia while waiting for my Prospective Marriage Visa?

Thanks for your understanding and help.

49 minutes ago, Sole said:

Hi, I have a 3 years ban due to I had to get all paper work sorted for my mother funeral. Immigration gave me 28 days to do all that paper works then I left Australia as immigration said. The day after I left I applied for a Prospective Marriage Visa as my partner and I we want to be married in March 2019, all paper work already submitted to immigration, joint bank account, contract to rent our property in Australia, all the forms needed are submitted correctly.

My partner is pregnant and I would love to be there while I’m waiting for my Visa and possibly when she will give a birth to our baby. Now I’m waiting since August 2018 and have had not any correspondence from immigration yet.

My main question is; is there any chance I can apply for any other visas and re-entry Australia while waiting for my Prospective Marriage Visa?

If you are currently on a three year ban then I would suggest professional advice from a registered migration agent before applying for anything else.

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi @Sole I’m sorry I don’t understand if your registered Migration Agent as already given you professional advice then what is your question? I would have recommended @wrussell or @Raul Senise to help but if you have employed another Migration Agent then they won’t be able to get involved.

Hi Pom, yes my migration agent suggested to leave Australia then apply for a Prospective Marriage Visa and wait to be approved.

At the moment I’m waiting from three months but didn’t got any reply from immigration yet.

It starts to be frustrating as my partner is pregnant and I can’t wait to be back home in Australia.

My question is; is there any other Visa option i can apply while waiting for my Prospective Marriage Visa?

Thanks 

Yes my agent is registered.

As I said and I personally triple check to the Immigration website the 3 years ban affect only temporary visas application and do not affect any permanent visa application.

My agent said the same too.

1 minute ago, Sole said:

As I said and I personally triple check to the Immigration website the 3 years ban affect only temporary visas application and do not affect any permanent visa application.

Ok, but ,are you not asking if you can get some sort of temporary visa whilst you wait for a decision on the visa application you have already submitted ?  If so you have sort of answered your own question above i would imagine.

Cal x

14 minutes ago, Sole said:

You have already answered your own question, then.   You cannot get any kind of visa to visit your partner while you wait for your Prospective Marriage Visa.  

Your partner could  always join you at  home while you wait thus ensuring you are there for the birth of your child.  Aren't PMVs taking 12-18 months these days?   BTW, Australia isn't your home, you've received a 3 year ban and that alone can come back to haunt you.

Edited by Quoll
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Sole said:

8 hours ago, Sole said:

The three year ban does not stop you from lodging a temporary visa. You will however need to prove compelling circumstances affecting an Australian for the visa to be successful.

7 hours ago, Sole said:

Yes agreed I’m going to apply for a evisa 651 explaining the situation and see if there is a chance to go back early !

Please, do yourself a favour and get professional help putting together the "compelling reasons"

Edited by Nemesis
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...