You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

CivCdn

PTE Practice vs Real Test

How does PTE practice test A compare to the real test, difficulty wise?

I took the first practice test last night and it went better than I expected. Although I found the questions quite difficult, with words I had no clue how to spell.

Would like to hear from those who took test A and how your score differed from the real test.

FgwoPkz.jpg

Edited by CivCdn

I found the practice harder than the real test.

I would book an exam based on those results.

4 hours ago, JetBlast said:

I would book an exam based on those results.

I agree with @JetBlast

You’ve clearly sussed the methodology and should see similar results in the actual test. 

I was talking absolute gibberish in parts of my test, but the trick is to keep going regardless making sure your gibberish is grammatically correct, flows without hesitation, and follows a recognised format.

Edited by Jonno1981

VETASSESS skills assessment 15/12/2017 (5 points), Pearson PTE Academic 23/02/2018 (L90, R90, S90, W89, 20 points), education (15 points), age (25 points), subclass 489 state sponsorship (10 points).

EOI submitted: 10/07/2018. South Australia State Nomination application submitted: 11/07/2018. South Australia State Nomination granted: 17/10/2018. Invite to apply subclass 489 (STN): 17/10/2018. Lodged visa application: 31/10/2018. CO request medical and police checks: 28/11/2018. Medical and police checks submitted: 06/12/2018.

Thanks for the responses, I just took the test yesterday and got my result.

I found the test harder than the practice one.

One thing that especially threw me off was that the question types were in DIFFERENT orders than the mock test. I thought it was always the same order, but that was certainly not the case.

cZVXSzD.jpg

Edited by CivCdn
  • Like 1

Very well done. I wish I got that good of a result first time. I think that is the best result I have seen posted on here!

It took me a few times and they do occasionally switch the ordering around.

The expiry on that is 2 years. But the department of home affairs consider them valid for 3.