PTE Practice vs Real Test

CivCdn

How does PTE practice test A compare to the real test, difficulty wise?

I took the first practice test last night and it went better than I expected. Although I found the questions quite difficult, with words I had no clue how to spell.

Would like to hear from those who took test A and how your score differed from the real test.

FgwoPkz.jpg

Edited by CivCdn

4 hours ago, JetBlast said:

I would book an exam based on those results.

I agree with @JetBlast

You’ve clearly sussed the methodology and should see similar results in the actual test. 

I was talking absolute gibberish in parts of my test, but the trick is to keep going regardless making sure your gibberish is grammatically correct, flows without hesitation, and follows a recognised format.

Edited by Jonno1981

Thanks for the responses, I just took the test yesterday and got my result.

I found the test harder than the practice one.

One thing that especially threw me off was that the question types were in DIFFERENT orders than the mock test. I thought it was always the same order, but that was certainly not the case.

cZVXSzD.jpg

Edited by CivCdn
  • Like 1

Very well done. I wish I got that good of a result first time. I think that is the best result I have seen posted on here!

It took me a few times and they do occasionally switch the ordering around.

The expiry on that is 2 years. But the department of home affairs consider them valid for 3.

• 11 months later...

Hello,

As you said that you have found a difficult exam in PTE real test.  It has happened because you have not done the practice perfectly. So far, I would suggest to use the online PTE practice platform such as PTE GURUS and get the same exam pattern as the real PTE exam. This is one of the best platforms which gives you one test free so that users can optimize their English level. 

I have also given the real PTE exam after practicing the Mock test from the PTE GURUS website and got an 80+ score in my PTE exam. That's' why I am suggesting this website

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, madhuriptegurus said:

Hello,

As you said that you have found a difficult exam in PTE real test.  It has happened because you have not done the practice perfectly. So far, I would suggest to use the online PTE practice platform such as PTE GURUS and get the same exam pattern as the real PTE exam. This is one of the best platforms which gives you one test free so that users can optimize their English level. 

I have also given the real PTE exam after practicing the Mock test from the PTE GURUS website and got an 80+ score in my PTE exam. That's' why I am suggesting this website

I understand you are trying to drum up business for your company PTE GURUS, but I think your post has done more to convince people to stay away from your company than to spend their hard earned cash with it.

If you had a good grasp of the written English language, you would have seen that they said they found the real test harder than the practice test, however they scored 90's in both so you can hardly say they did not practice. Why anyone scoring (and already passing) straight 90s in PTE would want to buy lessons from someone who got a worse score than them is beyond me

• Like 2

Thanks for the responses, I just took the test yesterday and got my result.
I found the test harder than the practice one.
One thing that especially threw me off was that the question types were in DIFFERENT orders than the mock test. I thought it was always the same order, but that was certainly not the case.

cZVXSzD.jpg&key=0825bcf81debebcbaad75d7a2bfc5eb378a570d93ff270a55eddacb934613dd5
And I thought mine was good... Between us we nailed it [emoji23]

I struggled more with the practice test with regards to difficulty; I found the questions on the day more straightforward and was strangely grateful for the change in order.

There was phenomenal background noise on the day that I found it difficult to ignore at times though [emoji849]Screenshot_20191114_233205.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...